Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done.

Read this book. Apply this to your life. Profit.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something makes me think you're not taking your medication as directed ...
With normal Addy, sure, that's probably excess, but I'm on eXtended Release now so it's difficult to 'get high' for being highs sake. Still possible to take a lil too much.

But yeah it's something I'm still working on. Impulse control and self-discipline are two things I never really mastered so there's still these little mini vacations into my own myopic insanity. Thanks for the concern tho.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not fun anymore? Are you sure that you're doing it right?
Been smoking for over 10 years, and became a really proficient hobby grower for the last 2 and a half. Truly enjoyable hobby, great smells, beautiful botany and flowers. But we gotta be honest that most science agrees the more often you're high the less often you're goal-oriented and motivated to do hard tasks. So, in that regard it's kinda getting old, and if we're being totally honest, cannabis nor any plant is some miracle drug without various negatives. When you're a daily or all-day-long toker, being high becomes sobriety, and sobriety is boring.

(i know you were joking btw, just making sure tho lol)
Old 09-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

I cant compete with your dedication and voracity for pixels.

26 hours of solid gaming will make anyone depressed. EQ isnt real life, dont listen to the nerds that tell you otherwise.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant compete with your dedication and voracity for pixels.

26 hours of solid gaming will make anyone depressed. EQ isnt real life, dont listen to the nerds that tell you otherwise.
If it makes any more sense explained differently, for me, there is very little excitement and joy in the actual killing of mobs and walking around, but knowing that I'm doing something incredibly efficient just on a whim was very motivating. It's a little tickling when I don't run any spawn timers at all and my internal clock just tells me when and it's correct 90% of the time.

It helps keep things interesting when each kill is like 2-4% of your XP bar. ZEM in HHK is ridiculous, no clue if it was like that on Live but I doubt it

and yeah. sedentary unstructured lifestyle day after day after week may not necessarily create depressive thoughts but it'll sure as fuck normalize how you feel about them. oh well. used to bike to work 5 days a week for 10+ yrs til life changes

EDIT: just wanted to add that any amount of time engaged in an escapist thing like vidya basically doesnt matter or exist because the purpose you are escaping and immersing is to avoid shitty real life stuff you don't have solutions for. so it's not really pixel lust at that point, just a somewhat interactive interesting way to keep your mind off of terrible things
Last edited by xeffo; 09-26-2019 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: drugs and drugs
Old 09-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

@OP many eq addict are also drug addicts.
I don't recommend but its something to consider.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Spent 20 hours in EQ doing a Plane of Sky raid. Spent multiple days waking up early to play before work, came home during lunch so I could play 30 minutes, logged on as soon as I got home and play until I had to go to bed, sometimes not.
Don't really do it so much now, but still understand when others do it.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@OP many eq addict are also drug addicts.
I don't recommend but its something to consider.
it's no mystery: EQ is absolutely rife with small and large goals for you to complete to improve your character. and once you've done a few quests, the reward pathways/associations are created in your brain, and you're gonna start craving more.

even to a lesser extent the internet itself; our thirst and habits of browsing reddit and such is actually rewarding us in the brain for finding new information (or whatever justification). i remember reading something that this new rapid ingestion of information triggers similar pathways that opiates do... no wonder some of us spend all day online, eh?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spent 20 hours in EQ doing a Plane of Sky raid. Spent multiple days waking up early to play before work, came home during lunch so I could play 30 minutes, logged on as soon as I got home and play until I had to go to bed, sometimes not.
Don't really do it so much now, but still understand when others do it.
oh man i thought i had it the worst when our guild was clearing PoF on christmas fucking morning and i was so disinterested in the santa stuff i just wanted that sweet sweet umbral plate

humans go to extreme lengths to get what they feel they need or want :>
Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Sleep deprivation is a hard-charging boulder of depression for sure. Best of luck on tackling that, because it is the root of many, many problems.
Closed Thread