Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 05:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may be falling for a troll, but... I'll bite.

First off, kiting 4 mobs at once is way better than what most classes can do. Secondly, Bard is a reasonable melee class in the early levels, but gets songs like Hymm and Selo's. Lastly, you get Fear at 25 then Charm at 26, which means non-stop killing until 50. You literally only need to stop to buy your DoTs and your next Charm at 39.
You'll regret making your main starting character a bard on green. Don't say you weren't warned.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll regret making your main starting character a bard on green. Don't say you weren't warned.
You could just bind song patterns to a G15 key. A bard doesn't have to be hard to play. You can play one in a group and play a game on another monitor while you level and voice chat. I'm considering that.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may be falling for a troll, but... I'll bite.

First off, kiting 4 mobs at once is way better than what most classes can do. Secondly, Bard is a reasonable melee class in the early levels, but gets songs like Hymm and Selo's. Lastly, you get Fear at 25 then Charm at 26, which means non-stop killing until 50. You literally only need to stop to buy your DoTs and your next Charm at 39.
When things go well as a Bard, you're laughing. But if you take damage, it takes you a LONG time to recover with just heal song.
A couple of Fear breaks, or Charm resists, and you're in big trouble.

It's not as super easy as everyone thinks it is. Same with swarm kiting - when you get it down pat it's a piece of cake, but one slight lag or server tick not in your favour and you're dead meat.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:17 AM
Orc

It will be me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Whats the deal with everyone trying to dodge actually playing the game?
Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The internet has warped our brains.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copout [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever tried something like a razer orbweaver?
No, I only used a Ps4 controller. I don't want to sit at a desk, i prefer playing from the sofa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A question I have asked myself. I can't figure it out. So many posts about leveling fastest. Soloing the best.

Don't turn this into WoW.......
Don't turn the green server into a bunch of necros, mages and druids....
Old 09-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Is it even feasible to level to 50 outdoors in Classic? I don't see too many level 40+ mobs outside LGuk, SolB, Permafrost etc. Am I missing something?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it even feasible to level to 50 outdoors in Classic? I don't see too many level 40+ mobs outside LGuk, SolB, Permafrost etc. Am I missing something?
Guards. Ice giants. I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.
Closed Thread