Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Default Mayong Mistmoore

Does he spawn only on server creation or how does this dude work?

Is he where the wolves are on blue?

How long do you think before he gets killed?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Large Bat

I started live a few months after launch and he was already a myth. Nobody could ever confirm he actually spawned. I saw him personally in at least 1 GM event on Fen Ro, but he was GM controlled.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Spawns once per server, but appears several times during early GM events. Not sure if that will be the case for P99 Green but we will see.

One of the early GM events on live the reward at the end of the event was a Vial of Mayong's blood. It changed your religion to Mayong Mistmoore, and you got a title Firstname Lastname the Eternal Knight.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Very early on in blue he was spawned multiple times and dropped the FSS. No clue if they will do the same on green as they went full on classic pretty soon after and removed stuff they had added to the game that wasn't actually classic like special titles for server firsts (RIP "the Godhammer" and "the Dragonslayer"). The FSSs were not removed though. I'd like to see him back again even if for a short time and also hopefully the Artifact rewards from the classic era GM events.
Last edited by Neno; 10-02-2019 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh, yes, the legendary Mayong.

The short answer:
Unknown.

The long answer:

Mayong allegedly spawned during beta, and it's not clear if the the alleged incident was in closed or open beta. Not only was he spawned but actually killed, dropping the notorious FSS.

Now enter the release of EQ. After a period of time, several servers have Mayong spawn, several more do not and never does he spawn on them. People describe the combat abilities and level of Mayong on message boards.

Once knowing the level and combat abilities of Mayong it was plainly obvious to anyone from the closed beta that he never could have been killed during the actual beta. There just was not enough higher level people to even attempt it, let alone succeed.

More likely then not, a GM spawned him in beta and just killed him off, allowing onlookers to loot his corpse and take screen shots.

There were a lot of rumors that his spawning had to do with the paladin "fiery avenger" quest line. But this was just speculation. The fiery avenger quest didn't even exist contemporaneously with mayong spawning.

So, no one knows. He didn't appear to spawn on every server, and he didn't appear to be connected to any quest. He didn't reappear on servers he had already allegedly spawned on. Everything else is speculation.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

We had him on P99. I would not be shocked to see him make an appearance on "green."

If I was running it I'd do subtle little things like occasionally spawn an invisible-but-trackable NPC with the name, or do a zone /shout in his name once in awhile.....deliberate enigmas to keep people talking and keep a little mystery in the world. But that's just me.

Danth
Old 10-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, we might get him as a GM event on Green, but really this sounds like exactly the sort of thing Blue custom content would be perfect for.

What would be more classic AND unclassic/custom at the same time, than a super rare and/or hard to trigger, and also very difficult (maybe even raid-level) Mayong Mistmoore NPC that's not GM controlled?

FWIW I also feel an extremely rare/hard to trigger Lake Rathe "Nessie" belongs as custom content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

He should spawn down in that tomb with the cascket, not the one under the GY the one that is way down there under the castle with zero mobs and looks so rad. Is that where he spawns during the GM event?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He should spawn down in that tomb with the cascket, not the one under the GY the one that is way down there under the castle with zero mobs and looks so rad. Is that where he spawns during the GM event?
He didn't really spawn. He would be logged in as a character, peobably in CSHome. GM invis himself. GM port himself to Mistmoore. GM broadcast the beginning dialogue across the server or perhaps just the zone. Wait for the word to spread, participants show up, and start the quest.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't really spawn. He would be logged in as a character, peobably in CSHome. GM invis himself. GM port himself to Mistmoore. GM broadcast the beginning dialogue across the server or perhaps just the zone. Wait for the word to spread, participants show up, and start the quest.
ding ding ding ding

Think the guy who did it died IRL and it was retired
Closed Thread