Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standing in line is 100% classic, on rallos zek they stood inline for the jbbots, took me 25 hours, was the best time of my life.
Dude you're so full of shit. You just make up random stuff and probably never even played classic Everquest.
There was never any rules about standing in line to get a kill on anything.
Just like there was never any mob limits or pbae limits.
Or lists, or any of the these weirdo follow the white line to the next exp distribution point rules.

People like you literally ruined classic for p99 btw.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standing in line isn't classic though.
If you wanted a camp you could just take it and the person or group who did over 50% damage got the kill.

With all the non classic rules constricting play styles to such a linear controlled grind it makes sense to open a new server.

If it were classic 2 thousand plus people would be an absolute blast to play but... because of all the rules it's just drama city who would've guessed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Er no. You couldn’t. As someone who was part of the CSR team this was definitely not the case. And even less so once we officially formalized the PnP
Old 11-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Er no. You couldn’t. As someone who was part of the CSR team this was definitely not the case. And even less so once we officially formalized the PnP
As someone who played i'm calling bs. As long as you did 50% of the damage you got the kill there was never any rules about it this is how the term kill stealing came to be.
It wasn't for a while that any actual rules came about to try and fix that.

I understand ruffly 5 out of 1 a hundred people but probably much less more like 1 in 300 people actually played EQ when it came out here. Most of the people on p99 started sometime during Kunark and have no idea what actual classic was like.
Many people like to claim they know, they lie and make up stuff to try and get rules put in to make it easier on themselves just like you.
Last edited by Vyal; 11-03-2019 at 04:01 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

in addition to timezones, people also struggle with the fact that rather than there being one uniform classic everquest experience, different servers had different populations and qualities, and were very different in important ways
Old 11-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't mind if they let the role-playing people do their things on teal.Don't see any downside to that.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opening new servers is classic.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

What is the server name going to be when Green and Teal merge? Cyan?
Old 11-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Large Rat

2200 online btw dunno where you got your numbers from
Old 11-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who played i'm calling bs. As long as you did 50% of the damage you got the kill there was never any rules about it this is how the term kill stealing came to be.
It wasn't for a while that any actual rules came about to try and fix that.

I understand ruffly 5 out of 1 a hundred people but probably much less more like 1 in 300 people actually played EQ when it came out here. Most of the people on p99 started sometime during Kunark and have no idea what actual classic was like.
Many people like to claim they know, they lie and make up stuff to try and get rules put in to make it easier on themselves just like you.
I'm not sure when the PNP was formalized, but it was well before RoK, so the window in which you could KS without consequence was small at best.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Green isn't even at 2k

1.6k online on a sunday afternoon.....

Opening day it was like 2.6k and even with 2.1k online I still have no problem finding shit to exp on in newb yards or find groups for stuff. Right now there are zero people in runny eye...

discuss

yea lets have like 800 people on each server or less

yall gonna kill green before it even takes off
Reading this and your other posts, you come across as a guy with a strong interest in keeping items super rare.

It doesn't take a leap of logic to assume you are benefiting from that rarity in some meaningful way.

As someone playing a game, it would mean you would hold a sense of value and accomplishment in the item you 'earned'. But your anger seems to far exceed this.

I wonder what benefit you are looking to leverage in a restricted economy.
Closed Thread