Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

forgot to say I quoted this dude because he said things right I just wanted to make it pithy and add a thing or two.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Aviak

My friend's corpse rotted while he was offline in classic. I'm pretty sure it lasted for 1 week, and he was too lazy to log on to get it.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

thank you for your input.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

I am almost positive that a corpse's duration was variable by level, at least a little:

Quote:
At low levels, possibly below level 10, corpses last for 30 minutes, and after that will decay. At higher levels, a corpse will not decay until 7 real life days have expired, and it will be rezzable for 3 playing hours.
Source: http://www.paullynch.org/Everquest/Death/

Also to confirm, the rez window is 3 hours of in-game time. If you log out of your account (not just your character), the timer was paused.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am almost positive that a corpse's duration was variable by level, at least a little:

Also to confirm, the rez window is 3 hours of in-game time. If you log out of your account (not just your character), the timer was paused.
^^ this
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But take note of the date that info was written. 2002. They made that change later in the game, if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember lowbie corpses sticking around just as long as every other corpse. I also seem to remember the change being made to prevent people from making giant stacks of lvl one corpses in various places.

Plus, when they made that change, it didn't quite take as long to level through the first ten levels as it did at the beginning.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Corpses below level 6 lasted for 30 minutes. 6 and beyond was a normal corpse. I remember the race.

Rez time was 2 hours until I think Luclin. It might have been near end Velioius but that time frame is very blurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

corpse decay 7 days, online rez time 3 hours or offline 24 hours wich ever came first, online time also counted down if you were on any character of the same account ... thats all i can remember >< i dont know when it got changed to that ... but it was definatly before velious

oh and yeah aeolwind is right before lvl 6 was horrible due to 30 min corpse decay
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Original rez timer was 2 hours, it was changed later due to the size of the world in I believe Luclin.

Quote:
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Developer

Also, logging to a different character I'm pretty sure paused the timer? I was never in a situation of perma-corpse loss...I was a cleric so my rez timer never even got close to running out lol.

Quote:
Closed Thread