Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I still remember one particular corpse run in Seb. Now this was the first time I had ever been inside, my friends and I had just gotten keyed and we were very excited! We pulled frogs at the entrance and were doing so well we decided to go further in... where we promptly died a gruesome death.

Now, to understand the true pain of this, you need to know that I played on the Test Server, which had a population similar to that of P99, and Seb was not heavily camped and full of players. In fact, we had been the only ones in the zone at the time of our untimely deaths. But we make it back and, being a rogue, I stealthed in to drag our bodies to the front. Unfortunately, parked in my path is a frog who SEES ME. Still I figure I can sneak past. Wrong. Now I have two corpses in Sebilis. So thanks to this see invis frog, we're screwed. It's creeping into the early hours of the morning and I died once more trying to sneak past the damn thing. Three dead Gaavins now line the halls of Sebilis.

This was somewhat upsetting.

Then, luckily for us, a group came along that was far more capable of handling the mobs. They cleared out a few, including that see invis bastard, and their rogue (who was a good friend of mine at the time) stealthed in and drug us out where their cleric rezed us. I had been in tears (yes I'm a girl and I cried over a video game) before they came along and their kindness was really overwhelming.

It took a long time before I was brave enough to enter Sebilis again after that trauma.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

my worst CR on p99 was:

playing my brothers cleric, camping the manastone..
i got trained by an enchanter who charmed the highest mob in that zone, brought it to the manastone camp and logged out.. as soon as he logged out, the charm broke and the mob got mad and cleared the camp.. (there were like 5 or 6 other guys waitin to take over the camp, all AFK)..
i got back, rez'd myself, and RIGHT when i pressed YES the evil eye spawned (i didnt have it timed) and nuked me to death again.. i ran up there again, kinda raging, almost biting my keyboard, found a corpse of EE laying there with a bag..
i rez'd myself again, did med up and he spawned again.. nuked 2 times in a row, i had like 80% hp left, then he nuked the crap outa me and interrupted me everytime and ALMOST killed me again cause i couldnt get the nuke through.. since then i casted a heal after every nuke and he couldnt touch me anymore...

you will ask "why the hell didnt you use DB/DA?" - im not used to playing a cleric so i totaly forgot about that and it was like 10 AM and i was still awake so kinda tired too..

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Aviak

I think my worst corpse run took place during the Luclin Era.

I was grounded from the internet for like, 6 months due to poor grades, and my EverQuest account was cancelled and I lost all my account information, and had to start from scratch... so I decided to make a druid. Luclin had come out while I was MIA, so I was fortunate enough to play in Paludal Caverns.

Found a group who decided to camp in the most obscure part of the zone... I was horribly lost by the time we settled.

Very abruptly, our tank logged out and everyone gated but myself (I think I was afk for a minute and missed that the group was breaking up) and came back to find myself under attack by one of those phlarg fiends. I bolted and started running, taking random turns and crossing bridges, completely unable to find anything that looked like a zone line until, BAM, dead end. A train of untold slaughter plowed through the little choke point and made quick work of my little halfling body.

After a few choice words with my computer monitor, i looked back to the chat log to see, right above 'loading, please wait' something akin to "a patog phlarg fiend spits up digestive fluids on the corpse to make it decay faster"

I panicked... decay, faster?! I quickly ran to the zone and /shouted "how long does it takes corpses to decay that phlarg fiends have killed" Someone in the zone responded it was an hour. So, frantically I scour the zone, looking for my body, dieing over and over. I pleaded with my guild, and no one would help me find my corpse. The hour marker ticked by and I pulled my computer plug and walked away for the computer. Didn't manage to get myself back on for a week out of spite, only to find out that it was merely an emote, and didn't really decay your corpse faster... now the week was up and my corpse was gone. GMs wouldn't help me.

I rerolled a bard on Xegony and it was the best decision ever.

Xegony:
Saezuru Matsudai - 65 Wood Elf Bard

Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My dad once died in a bugged pool of blood in crushbone back on live with a low level ranger... think he was blinded by a shaman mob or something
I've died in that pool of blood and there was no bug involved. Just a very new player who had no idea how to swim.

My worst CR by far was actually a whole series of them shortly after Velious was released. Somebody in Freeport had showed me some of the no-drop armor from Skyshrine and told me people were 'rotting' the stuff all the time and all you had to do was be there to get some (he probably didn't actually say 'rotting', as no-drop items in group zones were almost unheard of).

Anyway, I decided I was going to run my 35 Paladin there, come hell or high water. I used the EQ Atlas map of Kael and some invis potions (which didn't warn you back then). I took a wrong turn in Kael and ended up dead, panicked and had no idea where my corpse was.

I had no clue about corpse summoning, and also didn't know that you could get bound at the entrances to Kael, so I was bound in Kaladim.

To make a long story short - after a lot of hours over 2 days - many, many corpses and well back down into level 34, I finally just stopped playing for about a month and came back later and started a new character.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"a patog phlarg fiend spits up digestive fluids on the corpse to make it decay faster"

... only to find out that it was merely an emote, and didn't really decay your corpse faster
LOL, as fail as luclin and paludal caverns are, that is brilliant.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Aviak

guess it was a matter of time, frok. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<-gene/kainazzo/presarius from Tribunal, tastive from HoN~
Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Large Rat

I'm actually on my worst CR ever at this very moment. :P
Old 06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

oh boy i can def remember my, well our(my friend and I) worst CR ever. we were always hunting in howling stones. Our guild warned us over and over of the dangers of that place but we loved it. no one ever came in there, probably b/c they knew better. But we were a crazy duo of druid and beastlord. well, not only does this dungen have a key to get in, which at this point in the game was soulbound thank god, but each "wing" of the dungen needs a key that drops from a mob in the previous wing.

well we died in the 3rd or 4th wing. totally fucking ourselves. We tried to recover the corpses but with the combo of undead and live mobs and the keyed wings we couldn't. We finally spoke up in guild chat about what we had done. After hearing I told you so about 40 times we discovered hardly anyone was keyed for that zone and so they couldn't come help us recover. We were still pretty new in this guild too. We finally convinced an officer monk who didnt like us much to begin with, to come and summon our corpses using some stone she had with limited charged of summon corpse. She was pretty upset with us for a long while, one for losing our corpses in there after warning us, and two for wasting her charges on saving us. But after that we knew this was a great guild and we stayed with them for a long time, eventually becoming officers and raid leaders.

Funny how a lot of our worst CRs were also great turning points for us in the game.
Last edited by Yoite; 06-15-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh boy i can def remember my, well our(my friend and I) worst CR ever. we were always hunting in howling stones. Our guild warned us over and over of the dangers of that place but we loved it. no one ever came in there, probably b/c they knew better. But we were a crazy duo of druid and beastlord. well, not only does this dungen have a key to get in, which at this point in the game was soulbound thank god, but each "wing" of the dungen needs a key that drops from a mob in the previous wing.

well we died in the 3rd or 4th wing. totally fucking ourselves. We tried to recover the corpses but with the combo of undead and live mobs and the keyed wings we couldn't. We finally spoke up in guild chat about what we had done. After hearing I told you so about 40 times we discovered hardly anyone was keyed for that zone and so they couldn't come help us recover. We were still pretty new in this guild too. We finally convinced an officer monk who didnt like us much to begin with, to come and summon our corpses using some stone she had with limited charged of summon corpse. She was pretty upset with us for a long while, one for losing our corpses in there after warning us, and two for wasting her charges on saving us. But after that we knew this was a great guild and we stayed with them for a long time, eventually becoming officers and raid leaders.

Funny how a lot of our worst CRs were also great turning points for us in the game.
How did he summon both of your corpses? Pretty sure the item you're referring to us http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5738 which is lore and 1 charge.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

he only summoned mine.

i got primal's back by running through the wings agroing everything, and dragging his corpse then i droped it at the ent and used Exodus and zone pluged, waited about 5mins for everything to path back, then loged back in.