Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Default SNEAK?

So. My SNEAK fails. Often. And it gets me killed. It always says, "You have moved and are no longer hidden." Really? Because obv moving is what you're supposed to do when sneaking? Am I missing something? Is this being looked at? I don't remember LIVE being like this at all.

Sneak fail = Rogue fail.

Please explain?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

You have to check for the correct success message. The one that's something like "You're as quiet as a cat stalking its prey" is the success message. The one about sounding like a herd of elephants means you need to be still until you get a success message.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

It sounds like your just hitting the hide button. You also have to hit the sneak button. which is a skill you get at lvl 3 and need to train it before you will get the icon.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Cars, you're treating me as if I never played Everquest. I know how to HIDE/SNEAK, and I know the correct success messages. Maybe you don't understand.

After success in both skills, I begin to sneak around. At random times, around random mobs, my sneak will fail. Sometimes its 10 yards away from a mob, sometimes its right next to the mob. The level of the mob doesn't really seem to affect this either. Sometimes its either red con to me, or sometimes dark blue.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've noticed no problems with my own sneak/hide. Are you accidentally clicking on things that would break hide? I know more than once while dragging a corpse I've attempted to adjust my camera and right clicked the corpse. No more hide. I've also clicked on corpses, say... adjusting my camera to swim up to bedroom in lguk. Hello frogs. I learned to start doing /hidecorpse in every zone before I attempted to sneak through... and when I'm dragging corpses I don't adjust my camera angle. Ever. The game is really sensitive about un-hiding you when it thinks you're trying to loot.

At first I thought there were some see stealth mobs around but then I realized my error.

I've never had hide break on me while stealthed unless it was through a mistake of my own.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

I've noticed this problem as well, sneak/hide randomly breaks. You'll get past 10 mobs fine then one will randomly hit you. You won't even be close to him.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

if you rightclick a corpse in sight, does not matter if you are close enought, or can even loot it (player corpse or other) and get the "too far to loot" message etc. it will break your sneaking ...