Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 08:12 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Project 1999 Green Trailer

Launch week is upon us! I wanted to get our Official Green Trailer out for everyone to see. A special thanks to Kraddok for creating it and working with us!

If you haven't seen our official Green announcement post, filled with information about the server, make sure you read that here: Introducing Project 1999: Green

As we get closer to launch I wanted to give some more details that haven't been elaborated on yet.

List System - This list system is now up on Beta for testing. You can find details about how it works here: List System Details.

Achievement System - We have mentioned that an achievement system will be in place for launch. The system will track the first player to accomplish a wide variety of things, such as the first of each race and class to hit major level milestones, the first person(s) to kill certain mobs, the first to complete certain quests, and so on. We're still putting this system together and populating it, I expect it to be on Beta in a couple of days.

Spawn Time Reductions - As has been discovered on Beta, there is currently a spawn time reduction affecting most low level mobs. We decided to put this in place after evaluating the options for alleviating the crowded newbie zones and getting people out into the world. We didn't want to put an XP Bonus in place. We feel that this is an adequate alternative. This system can be scaled and disabled as necessary when the population spreads out. It will be set to an 80% reduction at launch.

Additional Servers - As mentioned on our original announcement, we currently do not intend to open a second Green server simultaneously. However, if the population reaches a certain threshold, this may change. We will evaluate this throughout the Launch.

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

Discord Community - As we get closer to Launch Day, I invite everyone to join us in the Discord server. This will be the best place to get official updates regarding the opening of the server on Launch Day! You can join here: Official Discord Server. If you happen to be a Nitro Subscriber, boost our server would ya, I want to put a cool banner on it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

See everyone on Friday!

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 10-21-2019 at 08:34 AM..
Old 10-21-2019, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for all your hard work Rogean and rest of dev team! Looking really forward to this!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you for the trailer and teh feelz
Old 10-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

WOW! awesome! Thanks for the years of fun and years to come!

share the news of green launch!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-21-2019 at 08:24 AM..
Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Loved that trailer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks Kraddok.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 AM
Former Guide

Have to admit, was expecting a little Kraddok verbal quip at the end of the movie. But was super professional and inspiring, got what I came for.

Hats off to the the development team for making the greatest MMO of all time once again playable by the masses (before it jumped the shark).

Also, going to tip my hat to the community as well. Lots of classic content was uncovered via crowd-sourcing open bug reports.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
this might honestly be the better option. p99 needs a perpetual server to avoid gradually driving out less competitive players with each new cycle, but as much as I like Blue, that server doesn't have to be Blue. it would be very cool if Green 2 launched when Luclin would have launched in Green 1's timeline, and every Green after that was rolled into the original Green rather than Blue.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

WOW, Great.
Got duck skin everywhere (OK. almost everywhere)
What an epical trailer. Great job, well done!

I realy need a week holiday. Damn, i must have it... going to start working on it...

Plan for this week:
start cleaning everything to shiny, doing laundry, go shopping, start cooking and freezing it.

So, if i get holiday, i can relax and sit back on week in the cellar with no sunlight needed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WHAT A TRAILER !

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-21-2019, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all your hard work Rogean and rest of dev team! Looking really forward to this!
Great work on the video, got chills!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

This is awesome! Put a big smile on my face .
Can’t wait!!
The Real MMO of time!
Closed Thread