Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Ghaz's Plight

Are you good at solving riddles? Do you understand the history of Norrath?

Send a tell to Ghaz the Seeker and aid him on his quest!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Son of a bitch won't respond! ;D
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

because we all just are about to pass out after like 6 hours of GM event
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

/sad
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Skeleton

Where is Yiknik's plight?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

I was hoping after the first event they would take a break and look into it but they kept asking for the next thing to do !
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

This riddle begins in Neriak. The symbols below the three necromancer sisters feet was my only clue.With the help of aids, I was asked to decipher the meaning behind these symbols and their significance Norrath's history.

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I'm sure most people have seen these symbols and just assumed they were meaningless and went on their way. I'm guilty of this myself. In fact, these symbols are of great importance to Norrath. They depict it's beginning and it's end.

Not only are these symbols found amongst the Dark Elfs. They are also found on the banners of the Everfrost goblins, inside the walls of Erudin, on the gates of Najena , carved in every door in Solusek's Eye , adorning the banners of the Crushbone orcs, hidden in the depths of Mistmoore , and in the tower's guarded by spectres and aqua goblins.

With the assistance of Cyrano ,Tones , Dildor ,Talgoroth , Pyrocat and everyone else who assisted me with bits of information . We came up with the theory that the center of this symbol is Veeshan , whom deposited her first brood of dragons on Norrath on the continent of Velious and is the ruler of the Plane of Sky. Veeshan's actions were soon noticed by Brell Serilis ( the three candles ). In order to keep Veeshan in check, Brell Serilis made a pact with Tunare (the 9 seeds ) and Prexus ( 3 waves ).

With all that said, we have come up with a few theories on what the four outer symbols represent and their significance to Norrath's begging and end. But, We would like to hear what you all think. Please, post them here or message Ghaz / Eavy in game. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Great discussion!

So I wonder now, if the center symbol is Veeshan why is it on the entrance to Neriak and in found in places where there are Dark Elves?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 AM
The Protector of Sunder

It's also found in places that have nothing to do with dark elves. If not Veeshan, it seems to be a link to the Combine based on the ruinous towers that it is placed upon. We have found instances of this in an Aviak tower, etc.

Other thoughts are the center represents Mayong or Aatlataal due to their place in the story thusfar. However, based on looks and the history of the Brell pact the symbol of Veeshan is the most logical choice.

Of the outer symbols we have found some various images. Orcs all over Norrath fly a banner with a flipped image from the bottom left which we assume has something to do Rallos or the entrance of the Rallosian Army.

We have discovered 0 instances of the x which appears to either be crossed bones or wrenches, it's hard to decide due to the graphics.

Miragul told us the top right image represents the sundering and creation of Freeport. Having read the journal pages by Aatlataal and his assistant, this would lead us to assume that the remaining three images are not symbols of Gods but rather events.

Now the primary overlapping question is that this image is the Chelsith Stone prominently discussed in EQ2 lore, however the instances of it found on p99 seem to relate closer to the tale of Miragul and his creation of portals all over norrath which also allowed him to travel between the planes. As a man of many guises, the placement of these in all sorts of locations (good, evil, and neutral) makes sense.

At this point we are having trouble deciding which path is absolutely correct, however if the bottom right symbol (which appears all over Erudin and also pops up in Paineel in a modified form) is tied to Bertoxxulous and his origins we believe we know the next step.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
We have discovered 0 instances of the x which appears to either be crossed bones or wrenches, it's hard to decide due to the graphics.
Check out places where the symbol appears! How about the doors of Mistmoore? :-)
Closed Thread