Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weak minded? What do you expect fresh blood on this server to do? Why would they join a guild that repeatedly goes on hiatus, does nothing to help new blood, constantly is in flux, trolls ooc and forums hard as fuck, etc.? You guys refuse to accept that azrael is not a guild that is inviting to new players here. It has nothing to do with being weak minded. People just don't want to play with you.
spot on
Old 05-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm not in Azrael. Sorry you are right, they are not weak minded. I get frustrated because I expect everyone playing wants to play the same way as me when in reality all Nihilum members want to play Everquest a completely different way then I do. My bad didn't mean to insult.

I'll never understand having over whelming numbers and no competition because I actually couldn't care less about loot except for the fact that it helps you win fights.

I think what people posting in this thread need to realize is that a lot of us want to see the server pan out differently because its more how we would enjoy the game, where as Nihilum likes the server this way because that's what they enjoy. You can't really get pissed at some one because they want the server more catered to them and there friends. It's really up to the box owner to decide how he wants his server to run, you can't blame a guy for thinking it might be a more popular box or populated box if things were a bit different.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

And you are wrong its not that they don't want to play with me. If I was in Nihilum they would be wanting to play with me? And joining is just an application away for anyone
Old 05-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that you only need to login the tracker bot every hour or two for thirty seconds right? I know VP. I know that I can park ranger bots that I can easily camp out in thirty seconds.
after you pop in once or twice we will know exactly where this toon is parked and be waiting for you. dont need 30 seconds... what ? you think you will be able to just keep moving the toon around each time, how many spots do you think a lvl 10 can sit at safely in vp with PD track radius ? lol. You play a warrior in VP, you have limited exposure, it's not your fault.

Quote:
And if I can't? Oh well call LNS and camp out in zone for an hour per Sirken rule and log right back in again with literally nothing lost. Sounds like incredibly thrilling pvp at its best.
and then the Phara dar spawns during the LNS hour, sweet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sounds like a sound tactic. or once the LNS hour is up for your level 10 ranger what do you do ... run him back through skyfire and zone him to VP where Azrael is waiting ? lowbie trackers are not a viable option in FFA zones with 15 year old maps that people know like the back of their hands ... these super sweet haxor spots that you think only you can think of, sorry, they are common knowledge.
Last edited by lite; 05-31-2014 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after you pop in once or twice we will know exactly where this toon is parked and be waiting for you. dont need 30 seconds... what ? you think you will be able to just keep moving the toon around each time, how many spots do you think a lvl 10 can sit at safely in vp with PD track radius ? lol. You play a warrior in VP, you have limited exposure, it's not your fault.

and then the Phara dar spawns during the LNS hour, sweet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sounds like a sound tactic. or once the LNS hour is up for your level 10 ranger what do you do ... run him back through skyfire and zone him to VP where Azrael is waiting ? lowbie trackers are not a viable option in FFA zones with 15 year old maps that people know like the back of their hands ... these super sweet haxor spots that you think only you can think of, sorry, they are common knowledge.
move on, varience never happening. we all want to see what you whine about next. my guess is youwill cry guilds should be hard capped at 30 people.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

heres the equation for variance

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

where x is the sample mean and n-1 is the degree of freedom
Old 05-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heres the equation for variance

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

where x is the sample mean and n-1 is the degree of freedom
One of the few intelligent posts in this thread.

Quote:
You realize that you only need to login the tracker bot every hour or two for thirty seconds right? Holy fuck a lot of dumb people on the boards today. I know VP. I know that I can park ranger bots that I can easily camp out in thirty seconds. And if I can't? Oh well call LNS and camp out in zone for an hour per Sirken rule and log right back in again with literally nothing lost. Sounds like incredibly thrilling pvp at its best.
One of the many unintelligent posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: Nihilum members still arguing that variance will do nothing to change the course of the server. They are too convinced that regardless of whatever changes the staff will implement, Nihilum will come out on top.
Heartbrand... what an elegant and simple solution to the implementation of variance for Nihilum. Just VP-key up a few level 10 rangers, and after you've done that ... well, it's still easy street from there. All you have to do is park them in VP and just log them on for 30 seconds each every hour. What is the point of a variance system when you have provided such a simple, yet elegant solution that is both fail-safe and uncounterable.

It's funny trying to see people from Nihilum argue over, and over, and over again that there is nothing that the staff or Azrael could do to bring Nihilum down from #1. News flash: your reading comprehension skills are still at an all time low. This thread is about increasing the general competitiveness of the server, so stop referring to things in terms of Azrael or Nihilum, whatever the particular strengths or weaknesses those guilds or their leaders/members might have.

The GMs/staff here do not care what the guild name of the top guild is on the server. I am sure they care about balance though, and balance in the context of this server has a lot to do with the competitive nature of the end game. And to make the server more competitive in a general sense, there needs to be changes that make it harder for the dominant guild to remain dominant. I have stated this in more explicit and precise language in previous posts, so I won't bother repeating myself again here.

Everyone can understand why people in Nihilum would argue against variance... variance will force Nihilum to conduct the "unnecessary poopsocking" required in order to continue to get as much loot as they do currently. Nihilum happens to be the dominant guild right now (and they happen to have been the dominant guild for majority of the server's history), but as precious as your pixels may be... try to understand this change in the context of a pvp server... not red99 specifically.

So much bias, so little objectivism.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Gotta love this hivemind telling it like it is.

Fennigles you ignorant as fuck - pixels infected the biran.
Last edited by Barladore; 05-31-2014 at 08:55 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barladore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love this hivemind telling it like it is.

Fennigles you ignorant as fuck - pixels infected the biran.
i haz no pixels.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

i'm sure it will get pushed through eventually. the people posting for it in this thread are far more vocal and persistent on the boards. it doesn't really matter if it's good or not at this point. with enough lite, stasis and andis posts, it's going to happen whether anyone likes it or not.

they have the forumquesters to overwhelm and make it seem like the majority of the server is for shit even when that may not be the case. you can blame people not on the boards for that, i suppose, but regardless, it'll probably happen at some point.
Closed Thread