Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grab life and bite into it with relish and if today, today is a good day to die. do the run.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL A+
Old 04-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal rule for tipping is:

If druid was in zone and actively selling ports - 40pp
If druid had to come scoop me (and I'm not in the armpit of kunark) - 50pp
If druid has to scoop me from the armpit of kunark - 80pp
If druid is a member of Dial a Port - +20pp for being awesome
If druid is actually a wizard - +20pp for being super awesome

and lastly...

If the poor sap is retrieving my level 1 mule from the arse end of everfrost - 300pp (I still feel sorry for whomever that was...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OTHER TIPS FOR POOR CHARS LOOKING FOR PORTS.

1. Don't be pushy, if the porter says they will get to you soon, give them at least 10 mins.

2. Be at or near the rings/spires you want to be ported from.

3. Be open about your lack of plat. Like I said, most are still going to be willing to help you and you won't be put on a shit list from not tipping.
All pretty solid advice. One of the things that pisses me off more than anything is when someone asks for a ride, and when I come from across the world and am 3 quarters of the way there, I get the "got a ride thx". If you ask for a ride, stick to it. Don't waste my time and yours, and do not send tells to 3-4 different porters at the same time and go with the one who shows up first.Also, if you're broke, or on a CR, just be upfront about it. Don't be like the epic monk I ejac'd last night who advertised he was paying for a port, only to disband and run away upon landing who responded with "sorry bro 0 on me" when I asked about the tip.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All pretty solid advice. One of the things that pisses me off more than anything is when someone asks for a ride, and when I come from across the world and am 3 quarters of the way there, I get the "got a ride thx". If you ask for a ride, stick to it. Don't waste my time and yours, and do not send tells to 3-4 different porters at the same time and go with the one who shows up first.Also, if you're broke, or on a CR, just be upfront about it. Don't be like the epic monk I ejac'd last night who advertised he was paying for a port, only to disband and run away upon landing who responded with "sorry bro 0 on me" when I asked about the tip.
Name and Shame this epic monk.

Any monk who has an epic, should be carrying gems. Peridots for utility, Emeralds for utility and a bit more cash, Rubies for ballers.

If you're a 60 monk with an epic and you don't carry gems, you are a horrible monk. Your weight limit isn't any excuse to not tip a player you wouldn't invite to your grind group for saving you a 30minute journey.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya that's pretty outrageous. I would be forced to /ignore.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any monk who has an epic, should be carrying gems. Peridots for utility, Emeralds for utility and a bit more cash, Rubies for ballers.

If you're a 60 monk with an epic and you don't carry gems, you are a horrible monk.
Explain please, what are peridots and emeralds used for?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Kobold

I don't like tipping. I usually never know how much to tip. I usually just advertise "WTB Port to DL, Paying 50 pp." That way, if someone accepts, they know how much they are getting up front and it's on them if they aren't happy with the price.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdubwubwub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain please, what are peridots and emeralds used for?
They are weightless currency, that stack and sell well. So that monk may carry currency without being encumbered by it. Easily turned into platinum by the porter at any vendor.

Every monk at high levels should buy a few stacks of peridots or a stack of rubies or some other high value gem for purposes of tipping porters, rezzers, buffers, and buying necessary supplies from a vendor as needed.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX
Don't be like the epic monk I ejac'd last night
That sounds dirty.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are weightless currency, that stack and sell well. So that monk may carry currency without being encumbered by it. Easily turned into platinum by the porter at any vendor.
I see. I'm new to the server, so I don't really have a bunch of money floating around. Typically I carry just enough money to pay for a port or a rez. Something about losing currency to NPCs doesn't sit well with me.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Name and Shame this epic monk.
It doesn't matter. I maintain my own No Fly List. Only the most egregious d bags are added. He is now on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya that's pretty outrageous. I would be forced to /ignore.
I don't sweat it. For every d1ckhead head there's dozens of awesome people. I've slowly built up enough regular customers, I get tells when I'm /anon all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesyde424 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like tipping. I usually never know how much to tip. I usually just advertise "WTB Port to DL, Paying 50 pp." That way, if someone accepts, they know how much they are getting up front and it's on them if they aren't happy with the price.
That's a pretty good way to do it, and I would encourage more to do the same. The porter not only knows up front what they will be getting, but 9/10 times you'll get a port much faster as well. That or just look me up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds dirty.
All part of Bhear Force Ones 'First Class Experience'. Who doesn't like a little happy ending with their flight?
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread