Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

23 is good for pond in MM.

As ppl have said, talk to others and try to make your own group. or send tells to ppl already grouped and see if they have room for you / get you when someone leaves. You can usually solo some stuff while you are waiting.

Your animation is still pretty powerful at this level. Killing lower lvl mobs fast rather than killing high lvl mobs slow is better exp.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordyth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MM at 23? Doesnt it start at like late 20s?
No, the Pond area is pretty easy to do at 20 if you are not the Tank.

I hate to say it but the reason is there are too many people in those zones now to even get a group. KC is the same problem. Unless you get in at 4 o'clock in the morning it ain't happening without a lot of luck.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Aviak

You have to be willing to travel to where the people are or send messages out to individuals to try and get them to come to you. There aren't always going to be enough/the right kind of people to form a successful group in Upper Guk, but there are usually people nearby in Oasis or East Commons. Message them and ask if they would be interested in forming a group with you.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the Pond area is pretty easy to do at 20 if you are not the Tank.

I hate to say it but the reason is there are too many people in those zones now to even get a group. KC is the same problem. Unless you get in at 4 o'clock in the morning it ain't happening without a lot of luck.
I am nearly out of level 40 and am looking down the long road to 60. I remember on live I spent all my hours in Sebilis. How does that zone look on this server? is it overpop like KC / Mistmoore / CoM (havnt gone to CoM yet)
Old 05-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am nearly out of level 40 and am looking down the long road to 60. I remember on live I spent all my hours in Sebilis. How does that zone look on this server? is it overpop like KC / Mistmoore / CoM (havnt gone to CoM yet)
Yes, Seb is usually packed, but also a good place to go to get a high level group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Other high level areas are the Hole (you usually have to put together a group yourself) and HS.

I wish Chardok was a viable place to group but it's usually aoe'd down.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, Seb is usually packed, but also a good place to go to get a high level group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Other high level areas are the Hole (you usually have to put together a group yourself) and HS.

I wish Chardok was a viable place to group but it's usually aoe'd down.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I guessed
Old 05-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Just look for a priest, necro, or mage and go duo. Charm kill some mobs and the levels will fly. Or if you can't, just solo.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

The Hole is amazing experience. Yes, it is out of the way but if you can get a group there to grind, the xp is better than all other in game. Except if you are doing mass pulls or what ever in Seb
Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KC is the same problem. Unless you get in at 4 o'clock in the morning it ain't happening without a lot of luck.
As bad is having a group when there's 40+ people trying to XP and you come across 3-4 other pullers all running around looking for a respawn. It's times like that you consider switching servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to be honest this doesn't make sense to me. I don't mind red, or people advertising for it, but with a server 1/8th the population how can groups be easier to come by?
Because of the exp bonus on red, groups are more accepting of new players to fill spots. This is second hand info, but I've been told that on blue if you aren't twinked out or if your class/race has a large xp penalty, groups are likely to reject you. I've never seen this happen on red.

And in my own experience after leveling several characters, I've rarely been unable to find or start a low or mid level group. (now finding a port to get to your group is a different story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Closed Thread