Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't they all removed by Kunark? Guise and Rubicite certainly are
Heh, good point: should have said solo 50s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not a list then I suppose the "waiting" players would all need to stay right at or very near the camp location.

Say there are 10 people and just /rand 10. Then go alphabetically.The main "killing" people will have to be grouped so they can see the loot messages.

But what's to stop the first group of players there from just telling the other players who want in that no manastones have been dropping?

Is the killing group going to required to /rand on the items or are they allowed to dictate who gets the drop either by an arbitrary order or perhaps the order they arrived in the group?
I got my Jboots on the Rallos Zek Server, sometime around level 16, on live at some point in the real 1999.

I heard tale of the mystical item that must be obtained and how, go to najina, youll figure it out they say!

You get there, see all this OOC chatter, /who 50-100 people in the zone, and get excited.

You travel down to the camp, finally figuring it out, in an almost empty zone devoid of enemies.

At the door to najina is a literal LINE of players.

LITERALLY in line.

Standing there, IN LINE... waiting... for someone in the KILL group, to obtain their boots, and leave, filling the kill group, with womever was next in line.

I waited in this line for about 24 hours. Finally getting a spot in the kill group, it took another couple hours for me to be the #1 spot int he kill group (you join, there are still 5 more people ahead of you)

Finally I got my boots, gated, and was a happy boi.

Now, my point?

We easily could do this on p99, the community is definitely strong enough and has done stuff like this many times before.

Question, what was the situation for the Hologresh beads? I never camped those on this server, havnt played for years and am back to play green99!
Old 05-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind that the jboots were nodrop. Manastone is not only not no drop but isn't even lore. That's a big problem logistically.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone is not only not no drop but isn't even lore. That's a big problem logistically.
I didn't realize this; definitely a kink in my otherwise simple plan. Now the plan has three parts:
  1. enforced rules on having to random legacy items between all players waiting
  2. optional custom code to "FTE-style announce" which nearby player won the camp after a mob carrying a legacy item is killed
  3. mana stone needs to be made lore OR the custom code becomes mandatory (this would force a "Bob now has the camp" message when a player gets a manastone, so it wouldn't matter that the player could loot manastones repeatedly)

Still simple, doable, and doesn't require new staff effort ... but without the custom code (which would require a little dev effort) it will require a single non-classic change (LORE manastones), which is definitely a bummer. But I still think this one remains viable, and I'd still love to hear other ideas.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Jibartik has an interesting point. The P1999 staff has repeatedly mentioned that they'll uphold rules that the players themselves devise for certain situations involving key mobs that will resolve competition / cheating and relieve some workload from the GM's. The 'you have to be in a group with shifting members that are added from a line of people waiting' thing is entirely possible. It would be an interesting solution for people locking it down and selling loot rights. Majority would entirely rule in this case.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

at some point you have to come to the realization that everquest like everything in life is an imperfect product. No matter what care bear things you install to make things "fair" and "everyone gets a chance is irrelevant. You either take the time to neckbeard it or you don't. Alas, I know this sounds annoying or is reading as a rant, however this is a emulator resembling classic experience or as close as it can get. MMO's in general are time sinks, if you want the care bear experience their is a laundry list of servers you can try. Don't complain you want the classic experience and yet you don't. /Juicy Contradiction.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jibartik has an interesting point. The P1999 staff has repeatedly mentioned that they'll uphold rules that the players themselves devise for certain situations involving key mobs that will resolve competition / cheating and relieve some workload from the GM's. The 'you have to be in a group with shifting members that are added from a line of people waiting' thing is entirely possible. It would be an interesting solution for people locking it down and selling loot rights. Majority would entirely rule in this case.
I agree, it's an excellent point.

But ... as someone (just one of several) who had to "fight" to convince the community to embrace a roll on Shady Goblin (a fight that took over a week and involved players stealing mobs won fairly by other players in the meantime ... and yes I'm looking at you Siryado) ... I really hope we don't have to repeat all that for every legacy item mob on Green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 05-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at some point you have to come to the realization that everquest like everything in life is an imperfect product. No matter what care bear things you install to make things "fair" and "everyone gets a chance is irrelevant. You either take the time to neckbeard it or you don't. Alas, I know this sounds annoying or is reading as a rant, however this is a emulator resembling classic experience or as close as it can get. MMO's in general are time sinks, if you want the care bear experience their is a laundry list of servers you can try. Don't complain you want the classic experience and yet you don't. /Juicy Contradiction.
No, even if you totally neckbeard it up, you can be out bearded by people who just monopolize the camp in perpetuity.There is an especially high chance of this sort of thing occurring and then if there is a merger you have these monoplizers who will have a massive advantage since they solely control the influx of new manastones. They not only want to get as many stones as they can but deny other people access so they can control the market later. And even with no merger they will entirely control the market on green.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

It would be dumb to dump the green servers into blue at this point given blue's history. There should be another server named 'the dumpster' or 'the recycle bin' that green gets dumped to so we can keep all the green trash together, and then move blue into custom content. It's really the only plan that makes sense based on previous staff comments.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

They should announce before the server there will be no merge to Blue, at the end of Velious Green wipes. Hopefully that will create less obsession over the legacy items. They can change their mind when the time to wipe comes
Closed Thread