Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Hundreds of people on Red? I guess you really are mentally ill.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps instead of trying to "search engine yourself right," you instead just search the actual topic. Then objectively read a variety of articles to fully educate yourself on the topic. I've read plenty of "debunk climate change" articles trying to understand the other side, and I haven't found them persuasive. I consider the source, amount of scientists in agreement on that viewpoint, and whether the funding of said source is politically/financially motivated. If I only looked up "global warming debunked," I'd know nothing else beyond what I was spoonfed from those specific brand of sources.
I've done the research, my suggestion to do a search was for people who disagree w/ me so I assumed they'd already read articles from that point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a senior individual in a private equity firm, and with a lot of experience in the energy space (and therefore having a lot of knowledge about how regulation relating to global warming affects both the energy industry as well as the markets and economies from state/local to national to international (spoiler alert: it's really not very negative at all)), it always makes me smile when some anti-global warming person tries to explain effects on economies and/or markets to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made no economic analyses. I mentioned that liberal scientists themselves have said that in order to slow down (not stop) global warming we'd need to decrease CO2 output to such an extent it would cripple the world's economies. What we do now to decrease CO2 is mostly cosmetic.

Furthermore, if countries like India, Russia, and China do not sign on they will simply use the fossil fuels that we do not, and in a way that is less efficient/ more polluting. They will never sign on to such a silly agreement as they have not drank the koolaid. Even in Western nations it is doubtful much of a decrease in living standards could be born w/o massive social problems.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done the research, my suggestion to do a search was for people who disagree w/ me so I assumed they'd already read articles from that point of view.

I made no economic analyses. I mentioned that liberal scientists themselves have said that in order to slow down (not stop) global warming we'd need to decrease CO2 output to such an extent it would cripple the world's economies. What we do now to decrease CO2 is mostly cosmetic.

Furthermore, if countries like India, Russia, and China do not sign on they will simply use the fossil fuels that we do not, and in a way that is less efficient/ more polluting. They will never sign on to such a silly agreement as they have not drank the koolaid. Even in Western nations it is doubtful much of a decrease in living standards could be born w/o massive social problems.
Shut up Teppler.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hundreds of people on Red? I guess you really are mentally ill.
Yeah we had 300 pop or so for a while during the "epics for all" promotional event to join the guild.

It was a great community service we provided for people who simply could not get their mage, SK etc epic on blue.

A far better service than you provide to the community, that being butter brained outrage jester.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Teppler/Polycaster won't rest until every last liberal scientist has been purged and sent to the camps.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

You wanna apologize about being wrong about red pops? Or me contacting staff about RNF threads?

I'd accept the apology and extend you a guild invite to actually play on the server ur trolling. Honest.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess you're a social justice warrior, only place I've seen the "my definitions mean more than the way words are generally used" before.
Did you just call the Jerm a SJW? haha Get outta here.

And to clear up any confusion;

The Holocaust: A historical event, also known as the Shoah, was the World War II genocide of the European Jews.

holocaust: A noun referring to destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war. Also, refers to a defunct guild on the Project1999 Red server.

These are two separate things. Just because you can't figure out how the English language works, doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use it properly.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Banned

suddenly everyones an entymologist

buzz off!
Old 02-12-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

My pussy is so wet right now
Closed Thread