Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If my 10-guild zerg alliance is in the same Discord, killing the same mobs together, and chooses not to kill each other, then your guild won't be able to kill anything. It's exactly the problem Baler is trying to solve.
I can kill both guilds if I am a 3rd guild amiright?

What if I have two guilds in my discord and you have two in yours?

I don't see how this is problematic?

I love the idea of guilds vs guilds instead of random ffa pvp, those who want to engage in random pvp can still if they join the 'random pvp guild' isn't this exactly how guilds work now?

I'm confused, not really trying to be flippant. There's a population imbalance because we can't sustain two competative forces, as everyone always 'wants to push ahead into the end game' and once they do its human nature to collect a few well geared alts, especially on a pvp server. "So we can fight in other places" or 'log on again if we die", but whatever, I dont think we should go out of our way to discourage the meta gaming. I believe if we want a healthier box we should acknowledge the metagame is real and just deal with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please 'own me' if you can, I want my horizons broadened a bit.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Its going to be 2 teams.

Guilds won't solve problem, it basically = FFA except between guilds which doesn't help much outside of low levels not being able to kill eachother, which actually makes the PVP server more like the blue server, AKA: Bad

Regular rallos rules best
Sullon rules custom 2 teams potential best for a non item loot option.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

I guess "I don't know what is wrong with red99" other than people who dont want tons of gear wont play, people who want tons of gear wont play, people with tons of gear play still, people who almost have tons of gear or had already had tons of gear went over to RoZ cuz they wanted an easier time getting new tons of gear

This is, granted a pixel based game, but pvp is a side dish/main dish for me, its not the 'purpose' its just 'always there' and like... not the 100% goal of the game, nor is the pixels, but I am insane so I probably shouldn't try to make a server to cater to my needs otherwise it would be low population lol

But wow is plenty "high population" and serves the tragedy of the commons quite well. I don't know what to say other than... careful... wanting high population and trying to attract people who dont want to pvp because its 'unfair' 'imbalanced' they dont want to RP or need the best clickies in order to 'pvp'... i dont know...

what we need to do partly is build the community up to embrace role players and elf lifers who ALSO like and want to pvp better, and dont want to keyboard rage, smash over pixels or the occasional griefing of the orcish variaty...
Old 04-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess "I don't know what is wrong with red99" other than people who dont want tons of gear wont play, people who want tons of gear wont play, people with tons of gear play still, people who almost have tons of gear or had already had tons of gear went over to RoZ cuz they wanted an easier time getting new tons of gear

This is, granted a pixel based game, but pvp is a side dish/main dish for me, its not the 'purpose' its just 'always there' and like... not the 100% goal of the game, nor is the pixels, but I am insane so I probably shouldn't try to make a server to cater to my needs otherwise it would be low population lol

But wow is plenty "high population" and serves the tragedy of the commons quite well. I don't know what to say other than... careful... wanting high population and trying to attract people who dont want to pvp because its 'unfair' 'imbalanced' they dont want to RP or need the best clickies in order to 'pvp'... i dont know...

what we need to do partly is build the community up to embrace role players and elf lifers who ALSO like and want to pvp better, and dont want to keyboard rage, smash over pixels or the occasional griefing of the orcish variaty...
Also, yikes ^
Old 04-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

I still want my thrashing.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can kill both guilds if I am a 3rd guild amiright?

What if I have two guilds in my discord and you have two in yours?

I don't see how this is problematic?

I love the idea of guilds vs guilds instead of random ffa pvp, those who want to engage in random pvp can still if they join the 'random pvp guild' isn't this exactly how guilds work now?

I'm confused, not really trying to be flippant. There's a population imbalance because we can't sustain two competative forces, as everyone always 'wants to push ahead into the end game' and once they do its human nature to collect a few well geared alts, especially on a pvp server. "So we can fight in other places" or 'log on again if we die", but whatever, I dont think we should go out of our way to discourage the meta gaming. I believe if we want a healthier box we should acknowledge the metagame is real and just deal with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please 'own me' if you can, I want my horizons broadened a bit.
Well, as I'm sure you know, one issue with FFA PVP is that people form a huge guild, which attracts even more members who want gear; other guilds can't compete with this because there are always more people who want to ride the gravy train than want to fight the power.

If there's an "alliance" (one guild with ten tags) that's getting all the loot, you have the same problem.

People won't do a 2v2 if they can do a 3v1.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is placed in the same starting guild upon character creation.
Players can still create a new guild and have other players join however they will be able to pvp all other players not in the guild.
People within the same guild will appear blue to each other.

This way players can create their own 'teams'.
Newbs will have their global 'newb guild' chat.
Guilds can fight over spawns/mobs.
Solves the problem of AEing your own guild members.

thoughts, comments, ideas?
I like this idea. Also like the suggestion to have a cap on the number of guild members.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Having a guild member cap does seem like a good idea with this proposed setup.
1. It reduces the chance of one zerg guild
2. It reduces the number of leeching alts and thus promotes having active main players

In addition it keeps the world alive in the form of more active pvp (guild vs guild)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a guild member cap does seem like a good idea with this proposed setup.
1. It reduces the chance of one zerg guild
2. It reduces the number of leeching alts and thus promotes having active main players

In addition it keeps the world alive in the form of more active pvp (guild vs guild)
Totally 100% agree with this, what is a good cap? 20? 30? 40?

IMO i think '40' is perfect. this would also force people to put their mains in 1 guild and alts in another, making a more diverse environment, and ya they will still 'raid together' but it won't all be one massive guild and it will give room for more server dynamics to develop

30 would be a good compromise, kinda forcing skill, 20 would be hardmode and encourage cross-guilding too much maybe, but it would be awesome to see guilds recruiting on merit, not # of boxxed charas available, this would increase the influx of population of unguilded bluebie nerds who want and need a red lyfestile
Old 04-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

OP seems reasonable. Some may find that intimidating.