Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not wrong, but this response in this particular thread seems to miss the larger point.

Would you rather have to "make friends" ... that you can trust to give your account information to, and then coordinate clicking a square that pops up on the screen, non-stop, for a week straight ... or would you rather just play a damn game, and wait your turn for a chance at the item while playing?
Or not get that item.

Dude, Loramin. Just straight up tell the large group of players down there to stop doing that, and to make way for OP and yourself. I mean, afterall you are doing all this FQ so surely you deserve a stone for it.

Just suggest Instances or splitting the server into like 3-4, because even with TEAL put back in there will be complaints of a group there.. only its not a week long but 3 days.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-08-2020 at 01:49 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Banned

yeah, i forgot its all my fault.

Carry on with your FQ
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-08-2020 at 01:53 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, when a bunch of people are talking about changing a system to make it better for all players on a server, it's totally normal to attack one of them personally, or to attack "straw men" instead of their actual points (eg. you're the only person talking about instances in this whole thread).

Another solid contribution Blake.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

My perfect MMO is a sci fi MMO like AO, but it has like a lot of instanced content with cool gear and stuff, but also has open world non instanced dungeons and raid content with superbosses that are going to rarely be killed by players. I kind of like both of those things together.

I don't make games though I play em [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want an AO sequel more than an EQ sequel tbh ;D It was sort of the inbetween world of theme park and sandbox, and quests were still item based like EQ and not the weird question mark crap I hate
Old 04-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My perfect MMO is a sci fi MMO like AO, but it has like a lot of instanced content with cool gear and stuff, but also has open world non instanced dungeons and raid content with superbosses that are going to rarely be killed by players. I kind of like both of those things together.

I don't make games though I play em [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want an AO sequel more than an EQ sequel tbh ;D It was sort of the inbetween world of theme park and sandbox, and quests were still item based like EQ and not the weird question mark crap I hate
I want to completely reskin all of EQ classic into a Sci Fi theme. Like a combination of EQ and SWG. That is my perfect game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My perfect MMO is a sci fi MMO like AO, but it has like a lot of instanced content
AO has instanced zones. I wasn't suggest instances, I was saying the Barbarian should because he holds no cards worth anything.. what else is he going to do.

And hard pass on instance mmorpgs. The lengths people go to and the mess of a game they make because they can't handle not getting a pixel. Reminds me of the twerpy kid on social media talking about "If I play a game then I deserve to get anything in it and see all of the content. I paid for it"

So far removed from anything interesting. Get your ticket for the pleasure cruise, dab the sunscreen on your nose and kick back.
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-08-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to completely reskin all of EQ classic into a Sci Fi theme. Like a combination of EQ and SWG. That is my perfect game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWG pre-overhaul was actually a pretty great game ... once they finished it. It was just too bad that it got released so incomplete, and wasn't finished fast enough, so most people left it early.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

TBH the only MMO I've enjoyed as much as EQ was Vanguard.

If they'd had another year of development before being forced to release VG would've been a damned near perfect MMO.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SWG pre-overhaul was actually a pretty great game ... once they finished it. It was just too bad that it got released so incomplete, and wasn't finished fast enough, so most people left it early.
Yup! Same with Vanguard. These companies don't realise that spending the extra time+money to release a complete game would've netted them far greater profits in the long run!

But shareholders don't understanding gamers enough to realize that. So many MMOs failed for the exact same reason, though, that you'd think someone would've caught the pattern there.....
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

I beta tested AO. It was a pretty awesome start to Funcom's string of failures.

(I really would love to see at least a spiritual sequel to AO.)

The Star Wars MMO was gorgeous, with fantastic stories, but was a bit too on-rails. Hutball was fantastic. No endgame content available by the time everyone max-leveled though.

Neverwinter was a swing and miss, despite player-built content. That D&D ruleset they used was overly-simplistic and shallow.

Secret World was such a cool concept with urban legends and cyber-punkish themes. But...Funcom again.
Closed Thread