Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering when my "u mad brew" post would arrive.

Thanks for not disappointing Alarti!

If Fisch would comment on the raid scene, I could take it, but he's proclaiming downright untruths as facts. He has no idea about the poopsocking and is completely ignorant of the raiding meta-game.

He blames the 2nd tier guilds for taking on targets that are more difficult than farm status as the reason for their failure. If we wanted everything on farm status, we'd just join TMO wholesale and no one would fight again for raid content, we'd all just run arond as a 200-man raid force killing it all. If you expect us to never try more difficult content, then stop asking us for competition. We like our friends, and we like doing content that's not trivial for us. We don't like leapfrogging, its a dick move; but its legal so we suck it up and move on.
I didn't say you mad brew. That is an antagonistic trollpost. I asked you to take a break and come back to argue your case with ideas instead of e-yelling at people who debate you. Also, you were acting in a manner unbecomming of a BDA member. Be good in your new home, don't ruin BDA with your vitriol BDA has always been a pretty cool guild.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Fire Giant

So you guys refuse to kill easier targets that you know you can get and instead are going to keep trying to get to kills that you have just said TMO will win every time?

Somethins wrong with you, imo.
Large Bat

And DJ said he was going to join TMO last week after VD broke up. To bad they only take 60's now and you can not even leveling the easiest class in game past 56 in over a year. Quit menstruating all over the boards you embarrass yourself your guild.
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having an opportunity to attempt a mob that you can just as easily wipe to without interference is not the same thing as having it handed to you on a platter. This is the very attitude that destroys the end game for the majority of the population who don't want to spend their game time sitting on spawn points, logging off DT cycles, dodging trains or corpse running.

And to insinuate that they're lazy or don't want it enough is a little ridiculous. EQ is a grind. For most people to get to the level to see this content they've got a /played in the weeks and months.

You say other guilds don't deserve these mobs, but what makes you feel entitled to these mobs on a free server? Do you feel entitled to all the free samples at the grocery store because the other customers didn't want them bad enough?
I never said I was entitled to anything. And that's the point. No one is entitled to anything. EQ has no instances, so the mobs are there for whoever is strong enough to get them. I think there's enough people and gear on this server for multiple guilds to be strong enough to get these kills, but at the moment only one puts forth the effort to make it happen. The others are too busy typing out walls of text about how unfair it is.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit raging for a minute and re-read this stuff.

I'm talking about a situation where there was a full repop and everyone knew it was coming and it was at a time when multiple guilds could field decent raid forces.

Do you really think that TMO would have left VS, CT (and draco), Inny (and maestro) up to have split forces to contest Sev, Tal, and Gore, if BDA, Taken, and Divinity had gone after those dragons instead of going up into the planes?

That's what I'm talking about. The other guilds on the server can get multiple kills on a full respawn IF THEY PICK THE RIGHT TARGETS. And, of course, the right targets are NOT VS, Inny, and CT.
Didn't you join TMO after IB disbanded and VD imploded Fisch? I think that's what's frustrating Deajay, because as recently as two months ago there was massive poopsocking and general faggotry in the raid scene (from both sides) whereas now TMO mostly gets a free pass. This state is kind of self-reinforcing as well because anyone who really wants to raid seriously joins them now, and if you never experienced the ridiculous amounts of time and energy people devote to "competition" in EQ you don't really know what you're talking about. If you joined TMO three months ago I take that all back of course.

Uhoh, I broke my rule not to flame on the forums again. Somehow the forums turn nice people into utter douches. I think every single person in this thread is way way way nicer in game than they are on the forums.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

Sitting on top of spawn points for a week, or training VP, is not strength. It's pathetic.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said I was entitled to anything. And that's the point. No one is entitled to anything. EQ has no instances, so the mobs are there for whoever is strong enough to get them. I think there's enough people and gear on this server for multiple guilds to be strong enough to get these kills, but at the moment only one puts forth the effort to make it happen. The others are too busy typing out walls of text about how unfair it is.
By 'strong' you mean 'willing to sit at the computer for hours on end'. But other than that I agree with you.

MUST QUIT FORUMS MY GOD
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

You won't split your forces three ways, I never said that. No one is going to bother contesting Trak because its not happening. So you guys race for Maestro. After maestro, you'll have your kite up and ready to drop on any contesting Draco. So out of 3 spawns, the only one you might lose would be Maestro, as has already happened.

As for your staggering respawns, as soon as you do that, mobilization > poopsocking. You might have an argument for the short window though. Then its who gets lucky with spawn order to allow them to move on to the next target?

You might have an idea with that last one: "simultaneous repop with very small window".
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Well, since Nilbog asked, here's a suggestion ( from an earlier thread )

You know, I spent some time on one of the TLP Servers. They 'solve' this problem by enforcing a rotation. Your guild has to reach some qualifying level, ie., killing mob x, to qualify for the rotation. Then each guild is assigned a kill window on certain mobs on a certain range of time. If you kill your mob in the kill window ( within 7 hours of spawn, for example ) great. If not, its FFA. Offending guilds lose their rotation spots to the guild they KS'd.

Plenty of problems there too, but it seemed to work better than not having it. I don't know if the server admins here are willing to put up with the hassles though, but maybe...just MAYBE...if we all try really hard...maybe we could set it up and run it ourselves. Sort of a more formal version of what TMO is doing for the endangered list.

We could have a couple of 'tiers' :
1. Noob tier - low qualifier, ie., you have to actually have a guild and have killed (something larger than a gras snake), vox and naggy and the like on the list.
2. Midrange - qualifier : killed all noob tier targets. Kunark dragons, some epic fights maybe, etc.
3. Pro - qualifier : killed all midrange targets. Vp dragons, etc.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that's the thing. This is a PvE game. There should be no effort to get them beyond whatever obstacles are built in the game. This is a cooperative game, people band together to take down mobs. The only reason there's competition is because TMO or whoever is on top at the time, creates it. This kind of environment benefits only one guild and only one kind of player.

As far as typing out walls of text about how unfair it is, that's because it is unfair and a public forum is the place to bring it up. If it were fair and the server were fine the way it is with one zerg guild monopolizing the content, I don't think Nilbog would be asking for suggestions.

I'd be all for forced rotations on this server, and for the majority of the server, I'm sure it will only enhance the fun of the game. I would suggest something along the lines of any guild that can kill a mob on their own gets in the rotation, leave one slot as a free-for-all so that people can have their competition and bragging rights and also use that slot as a qualifier for new guilds to attempt the mob and try to get in the rotation. If any guild wipes on their mob or don't kill it in a certain time, it becomes free for all.

For the people who want to compete for mobs all the time, that's what the Red server is for.
Closed Thread