Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Large Rat

Unhappy Erudite SK - Game Crashed Loading to Erud Crossing (reloaded in ocean)

New player here, first character, and went for one of the harder ones to start with.
Erudite SK.

Gleefully as I hit level 3 I made a silly choice to try and get to Qeynos (yes i know its KOS there), and was going to hit the Qeynos underground to get to the north map. (I don't know if the human SK/necro is KoS though, was going to use them as a vendor). I also wasn't sure how I was going to bind there yet either.

However on my boat ride from Erudin to Erud Crossing the game crashed at the load screen, and I came back in the water. Desperately swimming for my life till splat....

@
2042, 3645, -21

I managed to find a corpse in Erudin with a sword that netted me 3/4 platinum.

Torn with what to do... Is there a way to recover from this with it being out in the middle of the ocean, or should I just go back to my original class combo and create a half elf druid.... /shrug

Character: Zaraboo
Old 05-07-2015, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Step 1 - Reroll anything but erudite sk/pal
Step 2 - Head to Gfay/EC
Step 3 - ???
Step 4 - Profit
Old 05-07-2015, 02:17 AM
Kobold

Wow, the boat from Qeynos to Erud is making for some big adventures the last couple days. My first character ever was an erudite paladin and following the cues in the book that came with the game, I put some of my already badly allocated points in charisma. He was still viable over time and I'm glad I didn't ditch him. Erudite shadow knights have a bit more going for them.

It can be hard to start with melees as they are more gear dependent but don't let that deter you. There's also no reason you can't have both or more than two characters if you are interested. Anyway, corpses can be found. Water makes it harder but it can be done. Necromancers and bards both get that ability at fairly low level. The only problem for you is that at the dead quiet end of the world, you might have trouble finding someone who could help out casually. I will keep an eye out for Zaraboo and see if there's anything that can be done to help.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Kobold

I got curious and went to have a look. Your coordinates were very accurate and right next to a level 40 shark, so don't feel bad for dying. I can drag the corpse to the dock on the island with the kerrans if you /consent Eshen. I don't have to be online at the same time, just post here if you do it and I'll drag it and post back to let you know it's there. You've got 6 more days until it decays.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

That boat does seem to be screwing with people a lot lately... arguably classic, I remember having it happen to me on live in OOT a lot, but damn annoying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2015, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

I can't ride a boat without having to swim at some point. Very annoying. Erudite SK seems poor choice, but hey whatever floats your boat!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilzark
but hey whatever floats your boat!
Well played.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Go to Toxxulia and get a port + invis + SOW from a very nice person. Explain to them your plight, I'm sure you will find someone willing to take a few minutes out of their day to relocate you to civilization. We all have to chip in to save the endangered species of Erudite Shadow Knights.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Large Rat

Greatly appreciate the support folks.

Gave Eshen /Consent

Also could anyone confirm if I will be able to Bind in Qeynos? Should I make it there.

My two actual "1999" characters in Live were both Qeynos starters and hopping my memory of Qeynos underground/burrow will bring back some serious nostalgia.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Next time you're on, do a /who all Bhear. I'll pick ya up in Tox and port ya anywhere you want on the house. Boats are for chumps. Bhear Force High is for High Rollin' Shot Callers, such as yourself.

This goes for anyone else. Don't abuse the offer, but if you're stuck somewhere or can't afford a ride otherwise, look me up in game, I'll make it happen.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread