Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to be a dick, just like I said, I'm not the sort of person who just believes something because someone says it's true. And even if I were, I still like knowing the why and how of things.
The truth says,

You should believe me for I am The truth!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Yea man, I clearly was the one who got annoyed here. Jesus christ.. I don't really feel obligated to defend myself here, but why don't you take a look at how much I typed solely to attempt to help you answer the question, then come back to me and say "sorry you couldn't help"

How about, "sorry I'm incapable of learning"
"
Last edited by azeth; 02-09-2011 at 12:15 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea man, I clearly was the one who got annoyed here.
It seemed to me that your "Np, good luck, I'm done with this thread"-ish post was you being annoyed with me. If you weren't, then my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus christ.. I don't really feel obligated to defend myself here, but why don't you take a look at how much I typed solely to attempt to help you answer the question, then come back to me and say "sorry you couldn't help"
Again, I got the impression after you wished me good luck that you were done trying to help me. Prove me wrong! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
How about, "sorry I'm incapable of learning"
Hey, I already told you I'm not interested in the socratic method. When I said something like "Warriors do more damage and that's good, right?" you replied with something like "Why would doing more damage matter in a duo with a shaman?"

Just how exactly am I going to learn anything from that?

How's this analogy for fun?

A man is dying of thirst, so he asks another man, "If I travel east, I'll find an oasis, right?"
The second man replies, "What good would water be?"
The man dying of thirst says, "Well, I figured I could drink some to avoid death by dehydration."
The second man replies, "Cool bro. Good luck."
Last edited by fischsemmel; 02-09-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Orc

I'd choose a sk simply because having versatility is more fun than just auto attacking and using "kick" every now and then. You already stated that you will not be raiding, and an sk can easily tank anything outside raids, and also gain access to camp spots a warrior shaman duo could not (lguk, invis vs undead, fd to break camps, harmtouch for nameds, and snaring mobs to keep them from running off.) The "taking less damage as a warrior" argument is totally invalid since both sk/shaman and warrior/shaman will never have any downtime once the shaman starts to combine cannibalize with chloroplast and torpor.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow, fischsemmel...between this post and the FBSS rarity post its pretty obvious that you come here posting 'questions' but really only want to have your opinions validated. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdWPwVTWsI
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I knew it was only a matter of time before other people who were upset that I'm not a lemming showed up.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd choose a sk simply because having versatility is more fun than just auto attacking and using "kick" every now and then. You already stated that you will not be raiding, and an sk can easily tank anything outside raids, and also gain access to camp spots a warrior shaman duo could not (lguk, invis vs undead, fd to break camps, harmtouch for nameds, and snaring mobs to keep them from running off.) The "taking less damage as a warrior" argument is totally invalid since both sk/shaman and warrior/shaman will never have any downtime once the shaman starts to combine cannibalize with chloroplast and torpor.
Woot. How's and why's!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Warrior might be better for min/maxing...... but you said yourself you will not raid much.
SK is more fun, hands down.
This game is only 3/4 the fun with no mana bar.

Believe me, go Shadowknight if you are doing small group content.
FeignDeath alone is like 100% reason in small group to go SK.
You will be 100x better puller not to mention have a small arsenal of fun spells to use.
Last edited by Crenshinabon; 02-09-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Pulling is a legit concern. Shamen are bad at pulling; they can root, but that often gets resisted, or partial resisted, and can eat up mana or time that could be spent casting other spells. The pet is powerful for its level, but it's still low level and isn't reliable to tank for an extended period of time. Don't get me wrong, you could get by with a warrior, but as a shadowknight, you have access to one of the best pulling mechanics in the game, Feign Death. Also, as mentioned in the thread, warriors are relatively boring to play since they have all of four active abilities until you get disciplines.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Shadowknight. Why? Because they are better outside of raids.

Why? Because they get agro quicker and hold it better.
Why? Disease Cloud, etc.

I'd say DPS is comparable up until a certain point (2x Yaks). Even still, the difference won't make that huge of a difference considering you will have the heals to keep you alive.

Berserk? Why is this useless? Because it doesn't kick in till 10%? 15%? Either way, if you are at that low of HP, you're in trouble anyway.

Shove your Socratic method and make a SK.

Kolored on Red.

Closed Thread