Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Large Bat

I've always wanted to play an enchanter on live, and now I have the chance to do so. I've played my friends alts when they were hunting in Lguk and such and I always had so much fun controlling the entire fight. Enchanters are so sexy la~
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cethin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played my friends alts when they were hunting in Lguk and such and I always had so much fun controlling the entire fight.
Yeah, control is what hooked me on my first chanter (my main on live starting in 2000). I didn't really figure out mezzes and stuns and how freaking amazing they were until Dalnir (I had just been duoing with a druid friend, charming golems in nektulos and doing all kinds of random, noob stuff that a 16-year-old in his first MMO would do)... but from there on out, it was love.

I always loved getting into a group somewhere, KC or seb or velious dungeons or what have you, and then the first time the shit hit the fan and I turned a wipe into a "lol, look at the 6 mobs lined up, debuffed and ready to die" situation, and everyone in the party was like "damn. good enchanters. damn!"
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, control is what hooked me on my first chanter (my main on live starting in 2000). I didn't really figure out mezzes and stuns and how freaking amazing they were until Dalnir (I had just been duoing with a druid friend, charming golems in nektulos and doing all kinds of random, noob stuff that a 16-year-old in his first MMO would do)... but from there on out, it was love.

I always loved getting into a group somewhere, KC or seb or velious dungeons or what have you, and then the first time the shit hit the fan and I turned a wipe into a "lol, look at the 6 mobs lined up, debuffed and ready to die" situation, and everyone in the party was like "damn. good enchanters. damn!"
sounds to me like someone doesn't appreciate good ol' hijinks anymore if they refer to it as "random noob stuff" in their current age

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

ROFLMFAO i remember when i wrote that.
I miss my enchanter i havent played him in a loooong time
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Aviak

Ha, good stuff. Love a good class rant and/or angsty guide.

Another from a shaman's perspective, originally found at Shaman's Crucible:

Barm's Tips for Melee Management

There are times during your career as a shaman that you'll find yourself grouped with those crazy melee type classes. I offer the following tips for working with the gate-inhibited:

Melees are poor at math and don't understand that 20 mana is less than 100 mana, thus they keep pulling. You can help the tank visualize your mana bar by keeping his health bar at the same level. Some warriors cannot comprehend this either and pull anyway. This is called natural selection.

Paladin get a very annoying ability called Lay of Hands that they carry around like a personal get out of death free card. They will happily pull Venril Sathir to your right courtyard group confident that LoH will save the day. It's imperative that you "fizzle" a few heals, forcing them to burn this right away. Now, your group is relatively safe from your pally for one game day.

Monks get a similar ability called Mend. They tend to be more selfish in its use, so make a hotkey saying Monk, please cast MEND on %t. and click it every two minutes. If they try to claim they can’t, tell them your brother’s 16 monk can Group Mend. Then accuse them of being ebayed.

Tanks think all casters med at something like 500 mana a tick. When you report your current mana they, despite being poor at math, mentally tack on another 30% to compensate for .003 second delay your message spent traversing the internet. To correct for this, subtract 30% from all mana reports. This is called the "Scotty Principle."

Rogue twinks are your enemy. They join the group with 15 hit points left dual wielding 10/10 weapons that proc Insidious Taunt and immediately demand haste. You cannot afford to heal rogues. Give them something with a boot icon -- Scale of Wolf for instance.

Many people do not understand the Ranger class and think they are like that dirty, unshaven guy from Lord of the Rings. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rangers actually follow very strict principals of honor like Shaolin priests. Under their Bushido-like code, nothing brings more shame than being healed by another. Pat Morita explained this all at the last Fan Fair. He did say they were kinda dirty.

Keep your pet alive over all other group members. You can justify this by explaining that your 55 pet costs 50 mana more than Reviviscence. Be warned, they will try to confuse the issue by pointing out that you can’t even cast Reviviscence. Go into a long dissertation regarding the concept of community mana and the respect thereof.

If melees ask for strength say something like, "Yeah, that would be sweet -- maybe this drolvarg will drop it?" [Optional] Then cast Maniacal Strength on your pet.

Some shaman suggest casting buffs on yourself or a pet as timers so you know when to refresh. While this may sound good on paper, it does not factor in the warrior who clicks off each buff every few minutes trying to check the names.

Don't get angry at the tank who responds to your "OOM" with "haste plz". What they really mean is, "Hastily get thyself to the zone while I buy you precious second with my unworthy life's blood, Good Priest." It's just hard to type all that between the crunching sounds. Respect the dying request of this proud roleplayer.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Skeleton

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mbRhKvHJBlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Aviak

Story of my life, and I share each and every one of these thoughts as well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To more or less to sum it all up: have faith in your enchanter, let them do their job, and you do yours.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Last edited by Azu; 07-05-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Closed Thread