Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Aviak

Honestly if you're with friends do whatever you all agree on. If you want to do nbg and help get a particular person geared with stuff that drops there then go for it, but the whole premise of nbg is pretty flawed in pug.

So you're at a camp that doesn't drop any caster gear and you're a caster? Whatever melee stuff is dropping is literally just as valuable to you as it is to the players that can actively equip it. You don't deserve loot any less than anyone else simply by merit of having made a character that doesn't have specific loot drops there. "I can equip this so I deserve an upgrade" is flawed logic. That item has value to everyone. Go round Robin on loot until everyone has something, and offer to trade if you want. Half the party being precluded from getting anything for no reason sucks. Esp on green where we are all starting over.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikustrength [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly if you're with friends do whatever you all agree on. If you want to do nbg and help get a particular person geared with stuff that drops there then go for it, but the whole premise of nbg is pretty flawed in pug.

So you're at a camp that doesn't drop any caster gear and you're a caster? Whatever melee stuff is dropping is literally just as valuable to you as it is to the players that can actively equip it. You don't deserve loot any less than anyone else simply by merit of having made a character that doesn't have specific loot drops there. "I can equip this so I deserve an upgrade" is flawed logic. That item has value to everyone. Go round Robin on loot until everyone has something, and offer to trade if you want. Half the party being precluded from getting anything for no reason sucks. Esp on green where we are all starting over.
There are no such camps; spell research drops off everything from teens up, right?

I guarantee some magi will insist on greed rolling items because 'no items drop here for my class and i need spell money' then throw their toys out the pram when he doesn't get defaulted the research piece they need.

I remember on highpass orcs live i looted a piece of rawhide on my shaman and some ass demanded i give it to him for research. Apparently shaman is not tank class and doesn't need armour and is a chain class anyway so i should just keep the slot empty.

Still bitter 19 years later.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Aviak

That doesn't really change anything. Are the research components valuable? Everyone rolls. Everyone should roll and take turns until everyone has something valuable.

Everything that drops in the game is only it's value in platinum at the end of the day, and everyone can use that Plat the same as anyone else.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:58 PM
Large Rat

I've always defaulted to NBG, unless it's something stupid expensive.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Orc

but I NEEEEEED plat

JK, guild groups + NBG for life
Old 10-14-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikustrength [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't really change anything. Are the research components valuable? Everyone rolls. Everyone should roll and take turns until everyone has something valuable.

Everything that drops in the game is only it's value in platinum at the end of the day, and everyone can use that Plat the same as anyone else.
I agree in blanket 100% rolls. It makes me sound like a greedy person, but in the end I have seen more people get ripped off because of some dude being like but I need it then they just leave the group and never play that stupid alt again.

Either you have a basic rule that is fair for literally every single player on the server.

Or you create these house of cards social constructs to negotiate between an ever changing group dynamic.

Just type /random 100 and pass on stuff when you dont want it is the ultimate fair way to deal with project 1999, green or blue or whatever.

Work it out with your friends, but by default it just make sense to roll on something you actually want.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

For PUGs at least, the only 100% fair way is for everyone to have the option to roll. NBG is an opportunity for a greedy player to exploit an NBG dynamic to quickly outfit alts or simply stack non-lore items to sell.

Cynical sounding, I know, but objectively fair for PUGs, which by nature are constantly changing out people. If things are NBG at say Frenzy camp, how would casters feel about only having a chance at Moonstone Rings?

Either way, communication is the important thing. Work that shit out ahead of time and make sure everyone is on board with whichever approach. And talk to your kids about the dangers of opioids.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah if you're not in a bug, I fully expect a history of friendship to be the decider. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if I don't know you, you don't know what I need. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

With a loot system set up so that the majority of the places you camp will only have items for a few classes at best, NBG is pretty much limited to guild groups or real friends. Random PUGs setup with NBG in mind are fine if everyone agrees up front but usually stinks of somebody trying to get an item they want at the expense of others that don't have good drops for their classes.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Banned

Our sro orc pug let the tanks gear up first then rolls for everyone on dupes and then all random on all loots in guk

Was p fair
Closed Thread