Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmuhh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, it was a super close fight but I went down for sure. Fame like a hero was shouting to his comrads, " I got this, he;s MINE! ", and the wall of red text damage began. Minutes ticked by then hours and still Fame soldiered on swinging his little heart out. Sweat blurred his vision, the sun was dropping over the horizon, he could do it...1 point of damage...20 points of damage, ooo that was a massive hit... 1point of damage... His friends logged off but he continued his quest to drop the Mighty Muhh, a thing whole guilds could not do, yet he was doing it! He was soling the Muhh man himself! Oh glorious day Oh glorious day! It seemed to be only a few short hours and it happened, the impossible happened... Muhh went down! ( screen shot ) (screen shot)... " Oh yellow text screen shot I will love you forever. " He preened around his room like a little school girl after her first valentines card. Life was good.

I woke up from my nap, awww fuck, " look how long it took this guy to kill me, lol, what a retarded fuck. I'll never here the end of this, bet he's crankin his little weener already."

Muhh 5700hp rogue wielder of CT's brain
When I saw this scroll on the screen I was wondering, whhhaa thaaa.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Seasonal model has burnout as well. Playing a seasonal server atm, on season 5-6 and the burnout is real so the long term servers def have some value and staying power. Also some huge benefit, the server i play on does some experimenting every season to test new ideas out on the player base and if it works it gets rolled into the next season. Over time it has really helped add to and enhance the experience.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Merge red with blue and make new pvp server! All for it!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XStKImnJ4
Old 02-23-2020, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2020, 10:07 PM
Banned

Team evil server gonna go as well as "just wipe it and roll it with 8 lvl range and xp loss" box

Im sitting here laughing how little they've learned from their mistakes

I listened to the idiots last time and the box failed hmmm

Let's do that again!

It's not like live was any indicator of what will happen either

Old 02-23-2020, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Team evil server gonna go as well as "just wipe it and roll it with 8 lvl range and xp loss" box

Im sitting here laughing how little they've learned from their mistakes

I listened to the idiots last time and the box failed hmmm

Let's do that again!

It's not like live was any indicator of what will happen either

What does this even mean?

How about instead of crying, you try to give constructive input?
Old 02-24-2020, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does this even mean?

How about instead of crying, you try to give constructive input?
No tears here

Just I told you so

I was shocked when Rogean listened to VZTZ crew last time and look how it turned out within 2 months

This teams thing is gonna be a joke

I'll roll up, but it's gonna be evilfest then deader than this last one
Old 02-24-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

I disagree with the premise that most people get bored due to some sort of gear gap. The reason in my opinion that blue and green and what not can retain a large pop while red cannot is because of two major reasons and one minor reason.

1) it takes longer to achieve “end game” status on blue. This keeps the carrot going that makes you want to continue to login to progress. On red you just join the one raiding guild and get near BiS within a couple of months.

2) PvE has a vibrant economy where people can play TunnelQuest which is it’s own metagame. You farm items, monitor supply and demand, make some shekels here and there, and proudly post pics of your plat on the forums. Red has zero economy due to the ease of obtaining end game gear, and the lack of any interest in 99% of droppable items.

3) the minor reason simply being a lot of people like the concept of PvP to contest and resolve disputes for camps and raid targets, but in practice don’t like how it actually plays out, which is typically incredibly griefy and not an “honorable” duel to the death combat between two prepared guilds or characters, but rather guerilla war tactics in Afghani caves.

That’s my tl;dr. There are plenty of custom solutions to these issues but they involve changes that hardcore PvPers hate such as a safe zone, a more elaborate and enforced PnP, etc.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with the premise that most people get bored due to some sort of gear gap. The reason in my opinion that blue and green and what not can retain a large pop while red cannot is because of two major reasons and one minor reason.

1) it takes longer to achieve “end game” status on blue. This keeps the carrot going that makes you want to continue to login to progress. On red you just join the one raiding guild and get near BiS within a couple of months.

2) PvE has a vibrant economy where people can play TunnelQuest which is it’s own metagame. You farm items, monitor supply and demand, make some shekels here and there, and proudly post pics of your plat on the forums. Red has zero economy due to the ease of obtaining end game gear, and the lack of any interest in 99% of droppable items.

3) the minor reason simply being a lot of people like the concept of PvP to contest and resolve disputes for camps and raid targets, but in practice don’t like how it actually plays out, which is typically incredibly griefy and not an “honorable” duel to the death combat between two prepared guilds or characters, but rather guerilla war tactics in Afghani caves.

That’s my tl;dr. There are plenty of custom solutions to these issues but they involve changes that hardcore PvPers hate such as a safe zone, a more elaborate and enforced PnP, etc.
Great points. I think a hardcoded teams environment may help mitigate some of those issues given a non unipolar guild server as well as a future box not having 7 years of Kunark etc
Closed Thread