Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Default Has the server chilled a bit?

When I started on P99 there was allot of competition and rivalry and elitism and tight clicks (spelling right?) of guilds and friends... Some of which were very cool others you wanted to not be anywhere near (although believe it or not there was a higher overall maturity on the server).

But I was curious are there still quite a few who play the game like its their life and not a hobby/bit of recreation on the server or is the internet still very much serious business here?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

*cliques

The competition at the top levels is still intense, but there seems to be less screaming about it these days (aside from RnF, the whole point of which is to keep the screaming in one place).
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Serious poopsocking and guild politics, yes, we have that in spades.

If you're like me (a_scrub_0436), though, and you don't care about raiding, you can simply not join a guild or join a casual guild that isn't involved in the drama. Other than the big guilds throwing hissyfits every target kill, the server is great. You don't really ever have to see any of the drama if you stay away from the forums (RNF specifically.)

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

no. don't come back.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Mmo's always have various types of players. Some are hardcore others are casual. If your just a casual player then you'd enjoy the game now with kunark out since there's a way bigger environment to play with.. If your a core raider, expect nothing but headaches and people acting like asshats... All in all it's just a game, no need to stress over it.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Aye, I parked my account shortly after Kunark came out on this server partly due to the annoying rush of campers and farmers throughout the game. Not that I'm complaining, I probably defended them to some degree, while criticizing them for shooting themselves in the foot with the more casual population.

I might pop back in and roll a new toon to start fresh. I still haven't found a good casual game with EQ's art and flavor =)

Honestly I think it stems from casual games being "too" easy instead of just played casually. As well they tend to be created for the easiest learning curve, EQ by no means has an insanely steep learning curve, but there still is one, and it does separate the newbies from the veterans in terms of skill. I would be glad to see more players who aren't logged in to specifically grind in the "best xp" spot to get the "best loot" that'd be great. Allot of the charm EQ had for me back in the beginning was that most people didnt understand the game enough to for example head straight for kedge keep because the XP modifier was the best there. Also people were more willing to take less optimal groups etc and make do ... i.e. a ranger, and 2 clerics "could" go somewhere and group and rotate in and out more classes as the night went on.

So by chilled out I simply mean are people more relaxed and focused on playing monster slay chat and less lets be the perfect number crunching machine.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So by chilled out I simply mean are people more relaxed and focused on playing monster slay chat and less lets be the perfect number crunching machine.
Depending on the circles you travel in, there's plenty of both. In about the same proportions as pre/early Kunark. It is mitigated somewhat by a bigger playground though.
Closed Thread