Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 10:50 PM
Banned

Question Buying a rogue epic

How does that work? What do you provide and what do I need?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Dont buy it. Its the easiest epic in the game just do it yourself scrub
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

I've never done it but I imagine the person selling it to you provides the jagged diamond dagger for you to turn in and you need to pay a bunch of plat for it.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

You show up in Highpass, seller gives you a droppable Jagged Diamond Dagger, then you turn it in when and only when they tell you to. That's it.

Yes, it's the easiest epic, but not everyone has a guild capable or willing to kill General. The book in Hate can also be a big stumbling block for some people.

When I sold epics I would only trade over the JDD after I had already handed in the other two items, just to be on the safe side. Faction doesn't matter either. Sneak in the right spot can allow a KOS person to turn it in at indifferent faction.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:59 AM
Banned

Get a hold of me in game. I'll get you set up with an epic
Old 03-25-2018, 02:35 AM
Banned

Well thank you Xae, but I was really curious why I never could find "A Sealed Box" for sale so I can turn in a high elf mask.

And from the folks in this thread it is because people already killed the General.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

For the most part, people would rather sell the entire epic as opposed the sealed box MQ due to the potential bigger payday especially if General drops the Cazic Quill.

That being said, I'm considering coming out of retirement to craft one final Ragebringer. It will be my finest to date.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well thank you Xae, but I was really curious why I never could find "A Sealed Box" for sale so I can turn in a high elf mask.

And from the folks in this thread it is because people already killed the General.
I've seen Sealed Box turn ins for sale, by people that specifically don't provide the force for killing V'ghera, which I always thought was weird.

If you get in contact with someone selling a rogue epic they can probably wait at the Sealed Box step so you can turn in for the mask. I had waiting lists and multiple copies of the quest in different stages in my bags and stashed on alts: pairs of parchments, several notes, a sealed box, and the final turn in, all ready to bump each one up to the next stage when I unloaded the final turn in bits.

No one approached me to buy the Box turn in because, unless they're extremely lazy or weird about what they prioritize, people who can gather the force to kill Stanos are typically capable of doing everything else up that point. I'd likely still charge the same price since my labor would remain the same and I'd still need to bring people out to clear the cabin. I mean, the turn in could probably be done without clearing the cabin, walls block LOS, but the buyer would have to pay in advance and take responsibility for the risk.
Last edited by Bummey; 03-25-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Old 03-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

I can get you a Sealed Box
Old 03-25-2018, 06:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get in contact with someone selling a rogue epic they can probably wait at the Sealed Box step so you can turn in for the mask. I had waiting lists and multiple copies of the quest in different stages in my bags and stashed on alts: pairs of parchments, several notes, a sealed box, and the final turn in, all ready to bump each one up to the next stage when I unloaded the final turn in bits.
It doesn't work like that - you either spawn and kill the general or you spawn the general and get your mask and he de-spawns.
Closed Thread