Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Fact: they were using information they should not have had to gain an advantage in game.
Fact: there was no legitimate way to gain this information.

That's all you need. Wherever the information originated, you know it was illegitimately obtained. And you know that whoever in DA chose to use it had to have known this as well, seeing as how the information is by definition against the server rules. This could not have been confused for fair play.

The "we don't know who got it" defense doesn't work, either. As far as I'm concerned, the GMs should threaten to disband DA as a whole and ban every single leader and officer unless DA self-corrects and hands over whoever was responsible for the information. They can't pretend they don't know -- they never would have moved on the target unless someone with the ability to call a raid knew. All you need to find out is who called the raids.

This bullshit is WAY more damaging to the server than anything Abacab or Raren ever did. I don't know if this is still just "breaking news" or what, but if I were IB, I'd be going apeshit right now. They took the brunt of exploit accusations from DA for literally months with no evidence, and now DA got caught with their hand in the cookie jar just straight-up cheating, no bones about it. Way worse than ShowEQ, boxing, or anything like that. They were stealing end-game raid encounters.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact: they were using information they should not have had to gain an advantage in game.
Fact: there was no legitimate way to gain this information.

That's all you need. Wherever the information originated, you know it was illegitimately obtained. And you know that whoever in DA chose to use it had to have known this as well, seeing as how the information is by definition against the server rules. This could not have been confused for fair play.

The "we don't know who got it" defense doesn't work, either. As far as I'm concerned, the GMs should threaten to disband DA as a whole and ban every single leader and officer unless DA self-corrects and hands over whoever was responsible for the information. They can't pretend they don't know -- they never would have moved on the target unless someone with the ability to call a raid knew. All you need to find out is who called the raids.

This bullshit is WAY more damaging to the server than anything Abacab or Raren ever did. I don't know if this is still just "breaking news" or what, but if I were IB, I'd be going apeshit right now. They took the brunt of exploit accusations from DA for literally months with no evidence, and now DA got caught with their hand in the cookie jar just straight-up cheating, no bones about it. Way worse than ShowEQ, boxing, or anything like that. They were stealing end-game raid encounters.

This ^

Honestly, who the fuck wants to cheat on a ten year old game that they have played already. Seriously, DA needs to go back to wow and suck some blizz dev cock. It is bullshit they are still on this server. You want a fast way to lose credibility and population? Let people cheat, knowing that everyone else now knows and see how fast people go bye bye.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Orc

I'm grateful to the devs that they have made this public and are taking action to fix it. I trust that the offenders, whoever they are, will have proper disciplinary action taken against them. Cheating can't be tolerated or else it will proliferate.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Anyone seen durison online today?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Someone is leaking info.

The script does not provide any kind of client side packet for ShowEQ or MQ to decrypt.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i feel more bad for the poor souls who were tasked with keeping tabs on zones with high profile targets, all that work for nothing since they found a mystical backdoor in a router to showEQ and internet that pooped out spawntimes in little fortune cookies. keeping track of when a mob dies in relation to when it repops is hard guyz.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone is leaking info.

The script does not provide any kind of client side packet for ShowEQ or MQ to decrypt.
if its just someone leaking info the only way to "correct" the problem would be to remove whatever staff member was doing so
Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry but I do not cheat so not everyone cheats
You're a fucking liar

It comes upon opportunity, just because you haven't cheated as of yet does not men you wont if opportunity arises.

It's like this, let's say I'm not a thief cause I've never stole anything and because I have a fear of punishment if caught. Now I'm walking down the street and I see a wallet on the ground with an ID and over $800 dollars in cash and no one is around to claim that wallet.

Chances are you'd take the money and continue on walking, effectively making you a thief, same situation here if you had insider information that would give you an advantage by third party programs or exploit and no one was around to see you do it, you'd most likely use the program/exploit.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Raren and Abacab are gone for good, DA should be to. I don't even need to try and defend that claim, because if you don't agree with it you're just straight up retarded and have no respect for this server.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Raren and Abacab are gone for good, DA should be to. I don't even need to try and defend that claim, because if you don't agree with it you're just straight up retarded and have no respect for this server.
So wait.. ..you're asking for abacab to come back?