Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default question about plane of power raid

I have heard of strange PoP raid zone rule. I didn't see it exactly.

There are two zones in PoP raid(Perhaps first instanced raid dungeon in eq, plane of time)
Zone A(waiting room of raid)
Zone B(raid zone)

When even one person goes to zone A to zone b, all zone A people forcibly moved to zone B. And if you can't clear with the people who entered at this time, you have to wait 5 days.

I was told that these systems were quickly gone. Why was there such a weird system?
Old 04-16-2021, 10:17 AM
Banned

Serious reply, by the time I raided pop almost all the restrictions and flagging were reduced or removed. You would have better luck on peq eqemulator, liveeq, or takp forums. Or searching an archive of one of the old class websites with dates narrowed to around the pop era as a filter.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Aviak

A lot of people were saying it was a cheesy way it was so that players didn’t finish the POP content too quick, devs said it was a control to allow other guilds to Have access to new content since top guild can almost always out dps everyone else. It ended up acting as a content block to top dog guilds cause #2 guilds were barely beginning their trials when top guild was pushing the later phases of the potb event.

Just remember that on live it’s not first to aggro, it’s highest dps. Malicious shit like sending a few monks and bards to train someone’s raid was a suspendible offense but showing up full force and KSing was not.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs7986 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When even one person goes to zone A to zone b, all zone A people forcibly moved to zone B. And if you can't clear with the people who entered at this time, you have to wait 5 days.

I was told that these systems were quickly gone. Why was there such a weird system?
was raid window in the game at pop? maybe this was an 'early implementation' of raid force organization that wasnt well thought out

was playing AO during this time of eq. only played pop in progression servers where this system doesnt get replicated
Old 04-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was raid window in the game at pop? maybe this was an 'early implementation' of raid force organization that wasnt well thought out

was playing AO during this time of eq. only played pop in progression servers where this system doesnt get replicated
Raid window was LDON if I’m remembering correctly, could have been Loy. Not positive but one was raid window other was off window.