Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

hah im so glad these crybaby neckbeards want to abandon the server due to 4 weeks of a year being a draft.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:15 AM
Aviak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oldschoolplayer ... you're clearly new here.

Blue had nearly a decade of a single guild monopolizing all content. We've been there, done that, gotten the t-shirt ... and just about everyone agrees that letting multiple guilds share content makes for a much more fun journey for everyone.
I know I have little cred on p99 as I just came here for the first time last year, but as someone who lived in classic from Beta to launch day and beyond until Luclin starting at age 14 though: The fact that anyone would find fun in killing the same mobs repetitiously for a decade and maintain stated dominance is scary to me! I believe the main problem is rooted in that mentality(just my opinion.)

I enjoy pushing the classes I play to the limit soloing, grouping, or raiding. I enjoy teaching people things they never learned or even tried in all our years of EQ. Doing things I'm told I cannot sparks enjoyment that you wouldn't think could come from such a simple and well documented(wiki, allakazam, etc) game from 20 years ago.

In this 22 year old game that I cherish fondly, I have yet to find my entire stance or opinion on what would work as the "best" course to maintain what I've grown to love about p99 while also helping it grow beyond the last 10 years of repetitive gameplay and mentality. I'm working and brainstorming on it every time I'm am off work and able to binge in Norrath with you people on Green though! I have faith things can take an upswing with just the right amount of hard truth from people who share respect for the real classic Everquest, like myself.

No offense to you or anyone specifically, Loramin. I don't read the forums often, but just had this thought when i got to your post and wanted to articulate this while it was fresh in my mind. I think everyone needs to come to green and roll a few hours with Elijaman or Wardru and tell me you didnt have fun like it was 1999 lolol.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:56 AM
Banned

Just like roaming north karana is this demented? Maybe.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I have little cred on p99 as I just came here for the first time last year, but as someone who lived in classic from Beta to launch day and beyond until Luclin starting at age 14 though: The fact that anyone would find fun in killing the same mobs repetitiously for a decade and maintain stated dominance is scary to me! I believe the main problem is rooted in that mentality(just my opinion.)

I enjoy pushing the classes I play to the limit soloing, grouping, or raiding. I enjoy teaching people things they never learned or even tried in all our years of EQ. Doing things I'm told I cannot sparks enjoyment that you wouldn't think could come from such a simple and well documented(wiki, allakazam, etc) game from 20 years ago.

In this 22 year old game that I cherish fondly, I have yet to find my entire stance or opinion on what would work as the "best" course to maintain what I've grown to love about p99 while also helping it grow beyond the last 10 years of repetitive gameplay and mentality. I'm working and brainstorming on it every time I'm am off work and able to binge in Norrath with you people on Green though! I have faith things can take an upswing with just the right amount of hard truth from people who share respect for the real classic Everquest, like myself.

No offense to you or anyone specifically, Loramin. I don't read the forums often, but just had this thought when i got to your post and wanted to articulate this while it was fresh in my mind. I think everyone needs to come to green and roll a few hours with Elijaman or Wardru and tell me you didnt have fun like it was 1999 lolol.
Imagine writing a 4 paragraph autistic post about how someone is less autistic on a 21 year old elf sim forum , yikes .
Old 04-17-2021, 10:57 AM
Banned

Welfare pixels for some, tiny American flags for others (the ones who couldn't kill their targets after an entire week)
Old 04-17-2021, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without any irony suggesting that kiting all the trash and guards in ToV is "respecting the journey."

Lol

“I just want to get the items, experience, and see the content I want to see. Under my own terms. And only through the manner of play style that I respect.”

All toxicity stems from this basic attitude.

It doesn’t even go both ways. It’s 360. Top to bottom.

The solution?
Old 04-17-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Every raid should be an open raid, I'm honestly baffled why its not (on blue at least)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-17-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2021, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“I just want to get the items, experience, and see the content I want to see. Under my own terms. And only through the manner of play style that I respect.”

All toxicity stems from this basic attitude.

It doesn’t even go both ways. It’s 360. Top to bottom.

The solution?
denial: that’s a one trick pony. Nothing to worry about.

anger: that clickie can’t even be recharged! Wtf?

bargaining: I think we can use this player agreement to justify having more racers than them.

depression: does this mean we can’t keep making jokes about “swapping to a useful class”?

acceptance: ok we need more Druid bots for FTE.
Closed Thread