Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-21-2019, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, since my audience demands it ...

(and no, I don't copy/paste; somehow finding my old posts, copying them, and then tweaking them for each new post seems like more work than just re-writing a paragraph or two ... but then I was a Literature major so writing doesn't bother me as much ...)

The Green Server (AKA the "Recycle" Server ... and BTW both those names come from the players; the staff has never picked an official name) is the goal of Project 1999. You might think Blue is, but Blue is actually Project 1999's beta server. Where we all play is actually the testing ground where the devs try out and QA all of their beautiful classic EQ code in anticipation of Green.

Someday, when all that code is 100% complete and tested (most likely years from now) the devs want to create their endgame: a server that is as close to a reproduction of Classic (through Velious) as they can possibly make, and that server would be Green. Unlike Blue, which had seven years of Kunark, Green would have less than a year of Kunark, just like live did. Once it reaches the end of its 2-3 year run, it would start over ("recycle").

As I said, Green (perhaps by another name) is the goal of this project, but that does not mean it's coming anytime soon. The devs still need to release AND test the Chardok 2.0 patch, release and test the smaller patches that come after (but before Luclin), and then (and this is the big one) they have to complete everything on their bucket list that they've put off doing. Again, Velious took seven years to code, so that should give you an idea of just how far off Green is.
assistant to the regional manager
Old 01-22-2019, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela7460 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So by restart after 2- 3 years; do you mean all characters wiped and everyone starts anew?
Why do you ask him?
He's been pretty clear we're all just guessing from very thin information hehe.
What you're describing is one of the option indeed.
Which one the devs will take if ever? No one knows, most probably not even the devs themselves.

Loramin I'm still waiting for that "Green99" link on the Wiki front page so that you can add it to your signature and daily mantra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know I should be doing it - and you know i'm actually editing the wiki when I can hehe, but come on, I'm sure you already have all the data, links etc. in a .txt somewhere convenient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

EDIT

Here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Green99
I did the first step for you <3
Last edited by Nagoya; 01-22-2019 at 12:54 AM..
Old 01-22-2019, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela7460 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So by restart after 2- 3 years; do you mean all characters wiped and everyone starts anew?

Interesting, but that the same time scary.

I would be more for a server that progresses till the end and them moves everyone to blue and then the green would reset. But (names) and other stuff that might conflict might be a problem. Only issue i see with this is that the population would be divided; the markets would be crap but honestly if your on the front lines your not relying much on the markets and more likely in a guild that goes out and gets the gear.

Still would pretty neat.
Yes, that exact idea has been floated (possibly even by a staff member; I can't remember). But as Nagoya very astutely wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we're all just guessing from very thin information ...
Which one the devs will take if ever? No one knows, most probably not even the devs themselves.
If the history of the project is any indication, they're not going to make any early/public decisions to satisfy people. Instead they'll take their time, and let us know details when necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin I'm still waiting for that "Green99" link on the Wiki front page so that you can add it to your signature and daily mantra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know I should be doing it - and you know i'm actually editing the wiki when I can hehe, but come on, I'm sure you already have all the data, links etc. in a .txt somewhere convenient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

EDIT

Here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Green99
I did the first step for you <3
<3

P.S. http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server (but I'm not going to put it in my sig because ... if I put every wiki page I made into my sig it'd get ugly fast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-22-2019 at 02:04 AM..
Old 01-22-2019, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Awesome thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When we have time let's add the very few actual quotes we have from the staff about the hypothetical new server.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
assistant to the regional manager
Old 01-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Awesome thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When we have time let's add the very few actual quotes we have from the staff about the hypothetical new server.
100% in favor of that, but I also have a million wiki projects going and ATM some of the others (eg. the buff lines page) have more of my attention. But anyone else is welcome to ... it's a wiki ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the response, glad to hear there is a plan in place even if it is a very long term plan.
Closed Thread