Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

If you want sleeper wait til project Green 99 which will be released when Sean hates all of us a little less.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

I used to be in the group of people that wanted it reset but now I am less into chasing those elusive pixels. While I would like the warders to be reset periodically, I am not interested in the loot. just hoping for the opportunity to do the content. What I would liek is that someday they respawn them but with zero loot so players who came here to experience the best of a classic game have a way to do the fights. Without a reward one might hope that only those who want to do the content for the sake of doing it might someday get the opportunity. Its a pipe dream and I would rather not have any repop than one with loot because then the same old bs will just happen again. With as many good people are in this community it has also harbored some of the most toxic players I have ever seen since the good old days of EQ. No content is better than bad content.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news
I've heard it told by numerous old-school players that Rampage decided to /quit after the competition started taking end-game mobs from them. I wasn't around back then, so I can't say for sure...but waking the Sleeper and quitting the game simply because you can't have Velious all to yourself anymore would be a pretty bad look.

On live, this game mechanic made sense because everyone moved on to new content in the next expansion(s) within a few months. On a time-locked Velious server such as ours, the Warders being gone forever makes a lot less sense.

As a few people have mentioned, there has been a huge influx of new players (and retiring of old players) since the Sleeper was awoken. Seems silly to allow a decision made by long-gone players to impact the community today. As such, I'd like to see the Warders reset every 6 / 12 months. This gives a new set of players the chance to experience the content every so often, and allows the current end-game raiding community to decide the fate of Kerafyrm during their time on P99.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Banned

good gear just makes the game easier for you. when i see a bis raider i see someone who is bad at killing orcs and needs extra help
Old 03-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

What would be an easier and funner solution would to be just resetting the sleeper at random intervals based on the server owner's whims.

That way nobody could ever know when to expect it, and short of regularly checking to see if it "might" be active, everyone would be completely in the dark.

I've personally never seen the sleeper or any of it's supposed effects ever. To me it's all Lore. But in that regard, if it really was an important part of EQ, then there should be someway for people to experience whatever it is that happened with it. If it means that some people aren't as special, because of drops, so be it. I seriously doubt this server, locked in time, was created specifically to make a few individuals feel special, but rather, share the experience of an era with generations beyond it's time.
if anyone has any problems with that statement, I would love to hear how,why, and how it would differ from just playing on live.

That being said, it would be impossible to stop human greed, because you can't control human emotions, you can only sway them into false negatives. Thus why I think a solution of inconsistencies would be the best way to solve the issue in question. If human greed is the problem, then let human greed eat itself to death. As far as simply removing the loot... If there was no loot, the concept of even attempting the sleeper might not even be considered by most people (I assume). It sounds like an incredibly heavy end game boss that would take a huge amount of resources. Which people just wouldn't do if it had no loot.

There's also a 3rd option. Instead of leaving it up to the guilds/server admins, It could be left up to the newbies/new players in some way. Aka new IP/accounts. Rather than count the number of people that want it respawned vs not respawned, if it was based on the number of "new people" since the last one was killed, it would make a somewhat more reasonable situation as to "why" it should be respawned, rather than simply "I WANT EAT SHINY PIXELS BECAUSE NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM" attitude.

That's all a bunch of theories and conjectures, feel free to analyze.
I do think it should be respawned at some point though, that or we should get frog people. I want to make a frog.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Stfu losers

You lost

Move on
Old 03-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

This server's end game is maggot infested stale bread... and there isn't soup anywhere in this timeline.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I think this has been a really interesting thread, and I think it is unfortunate that older posters have already hashed out the main thrust of why (or why not) the sleeper should be reset.

These older posters have denied opportunity to new posters to experience this discussion first hand, and as such I would like to suggest this thread should be reset and give everyone a fair opportunity to experience this thread from the start.

Reset the reset the sleeper thread.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

It's not fair that I joined the server after guises were removed. Can we put them back in the game for a while so I can get one?
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

You guys who are against a reset are mean!
Closed Thread