Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Kobold

I agree that boxing across servers, or whatever we are calling it, should not be allowed in an effort to make more relevant content accessible to a larger number of players.

I also agree that having to chose and invest time on a single character at a time is congruent with the spirit of p99.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Kobold

I would hate to see one group of persons locking down valuable content simultaneously on both servers. That is my opinion.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Totally agree with #1

I think that if you are playing (on either server) you should be focused on your character and what you are doing. (Besides the obvious breaks to eat, bio, etc.)

Also - chatty groups are the best! Makes the grind fly by so much easier, and much more enjoyable overall.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 06-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

just stopped by to post in a Dald thread
Old 06-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

#2 is crazy talk
Old 06-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

I like idea #1

I like the reasoning behind idea #2 but I think it'll end up breeding a new kind of griefing. You gotta have some police presence.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there are two big things that need to be done prior to green launching in order to ensure it will be a success.

1. Prevent boxing on Blue and Green simultaneously.

The reason this is necessary is for two reasons.

Firstly it is a form of population control. People need to choose a server to devote their time to. This will free up over farmed content on Blue more and help deal with the limited resources on Green. It will be a win-win.

Second, it will reduce the amount of AFK barely paying attention players in groups. One of the big points of success on P99 is ensuring all players are a single player therefore they’re focusing primarily on their character. Once you start having boxing on multiple servers people in your groups quit chatting and overall play goes downhill which makes grouping less enjoyable on a server founded on the idea that players should be forced to group together to conquer content. The desire to box on both servers would be strong for many considering it was discussed to dump green onto blue at the end of the timeline, many people will be compelled to grind on both servers for their eventual wealth on Blue to increase.

If this is not done you’re going to have far too many AFK people setting up at static camps like Hierophant or Pained Soul, locking down 8+ year old content on Blue while also grinding to eventually lock it down on Green. Force people to make a choice. If you want to kill your 100th King Tormax, log off Green lose your spot in a group and kill Tormax.

2. Make the entire server No-CSR like Veeshan’s Peak was for a time.

Players on P99 try to invoke rules and involve staff in their disputes far too often. It a huge waste of staff members’ time. This would allow for players to play their own way, if you want to be a scumbag, you can be however on a new server your most valuable commodity is your reputation and it will quickly get around if you’re trying to train someone or snipe someone’s mob. Generally most of the population will respect camp checks and be civil.

The Blue server has gone through so many raid scene changes, head GM changes and all sorts of scandals which are understandable when people who devote so much time to something become invested in individual parties. Having a No-CSR server would make this a non-issue. Allow players to work out their own disputes and just focus on keeping the server clear of hackers, RMTers and Boxers.

This would also prevent the inevitable situation of people camping Limited duration content like Guises and Manastones for days on end. If people try to do that come in with a bigger group and win the DPS race.

If both of these things could be done prior to launch I think you’re looking at a very successful server where your reputation actually matters like it did in Classic EQ.

Also at some point in the future, I know it’s not feasible prior to green’s launch, but please consider switching to a more classic client from the current Titanium one. The lack of a classic client is about the last avenue of immersion that needs to be pursued to get P99 to a damn near replica of classic EverQuest.
nah to both

#1 - This would hurt both server's population, and would likely lead to early abandonment of green by a lot of people. A lot of people forget what it's like to level with fine steel short swords in your 20's. It's going to be such a grind. And playing a caster in classic EQ is... well. You sit on your ass. A LOT. There's NOBODY handing out clarity, potg, and your mana pool is low.

#2 - Fuck that. Maybe a no-csr RED server would be fun... or even no-csr blue. But non-csr green would be a fucking nightmare. Running across the world unsowed because someone wanted your camp? Yeah, fuck that. There's already going to be an army of neck beards trying to lock down camps. Shit ain't going to be funny when your group finally gets the manastone camp, and a level 1 rogue trains the shit out of you. Every. Single. Time. Maybe playing on a server like that would actually be fun (really) but that's not what I want from my Green experience.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like #1.

#2 however will lead to a shit show IMO. People will be training guise/manastone camps and it will be chaos. They’ll form friends with other trainers so they’ll still have a social outlet there if desired. Will be some mad max fury road warlord type shit. And the king neckbeard here will prob look the same irl as that OG in the movie.

The staff unclassicly made a 25 mob ae limit on blue.

The real green solution? Unclassicly remove guise/manastone.
There won't be a mob up in this to be trained.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like daldaen wants 2 things here...

1 less people contesting his guise/manastones

2 being able to train people out of his guise/manastone area
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like daldaen wants 2 things here...

1 less people contesting his guise/manastones

2 being able to train people out of his guise/manastone area
lol
Closed Thread