Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Aviak

Default General SK questions about soloing and item farming

I'm just going to start off, yes I know, Shaman, Necro, or Enchanter is better for farming. I'm neither interested, nor wish to play any of these such classes. None of them are melee, none of them are Shadow Knights.

Now that we have that obligatory statement out of the way; lets really address the topic; How well, can Sks farm items in zones like Guk, or Kc, or Seb using all of their abilities and tactics, be it fear kiting, kiting in small cubbies with snare, or just flat out tanking mobs.

I realize a lot of people love Ogres, however, I think in this situation Troll or Iksar may have the edge from the simple fact that 12 regen while standing (I think) combined with a fungi tunic makes a huge difference in fights.

So, what can this class really perform when pushed to the limit, how does one get them to that limit, and what are some ways to be successful at soloing in dungeons and item farming?

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

SK's can solo, but in outdoor zones, using snare/fear. They are not dungeon soloers, especially not the zones you listed. I suppose you could solo to 60 fear kiting (outdoor zones), but its not efficient at all.

Knights were created to be utilized in a group setting
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Aside from the splitting, Warriors actually solo much better than SKs with higher dps and better procs (Truncheon of Doom, Blood Point, Blood Fire, Silken Whip mainly).
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from the splitting, Warriors actually solo much better than SKs with higher dps and better procs (Truncheon of Doom, Blood Point, Blood Fire, Silken Whip mainly).
With terrific gear and a fungi tunic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With terrific gear and a fungi tunic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Since the op seems to be taking into consideration a fungi tunic regen when he talks about his race selection , he might not have an issue with twinking.

That being said, out of Guk - KC - Seb , the actual soloing a SK can do, even at 60 with 41% haste and epic is minimal.

Seb doesn't offer a lot of 'safe' spots for snare/fear kite, your best bet in this would be to find a broken / splitted Guard camp to take over, and even then it can prove a challenge -- and flat out tanking mobs in there right now is extremely dangerous. Can it be done? Sure, if you utilise a ton of clickies and consumables along with the best gear in game right now, and even then it is not worth your time, unless you're in just for the challenge and not for farming efficiency.

Guk doesn't offer a lot of spots either, the only viable one that comes to mind is the Lord's Hall where spawns have some space between them, and even they need to be taken care off before you try splitting Lords room itself. Given the price of SSB/SSOY in the market, and the time needed to actually kill Lord, this isn't an efficient camp either. Frenzy would be a better time/reward camp and can take advantage of the space outside the room since there are only 3 spawns there that will be in your way.

KC you can have relative success with snare/fear, but you need a condition. Got to have good Outpost faction, and not touch the living mobs in there. If you're not KoS to them, you can pull moat/battlement UD to the zonein and snare/fear them for minimal HP loss. Gotta look out for the trains though, because you'll have to do your fear along the bridge-zoneline. If you do it outside server peak hours, the zone is quiet enough for you to make some decent progress, and if lucky you might end up with a high priced item. Also, you can start doing this in your mid 50s and actually level up in the process.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

The fastest road to 60 as a SK is definitely grouped, and not rolling a "big" race/iksar... its a long road as a troll SK after 40, you'll really notice the slowdown if you didn't before.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

I've solo'd seb no problem mulitple mobs, different cubbies. That is when splitting out single mobs and then taking them to a spot alone. Dealing wiht other camps suck as frenzy in guk for instance, proves to be tougher since you will be rest the dead the adds and dealing with that.
Alot of cash farming solo can be simply done doing seafurries all day no problem. Shadowknights get real interesting wth duo's etc
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

You can solo to 60 in the hole with darkness and the polished obsidian great axe. Decent loam encrusted loots down there. I say the axe because your fear is then mana free greatly increasing your efficiency.
Closed Thread