Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
National Emergency to fund Universal Healthcare? Nice.
You'd have a pretty hard time coming up with a compelling reason for such a measure when you can already get medical treatment without having money in the USA.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd have a pretty hard time coming up with a compelling reason for such a measure when you can already get medical treatment without having money in the USA.
Lol dude,

The case is much weaker for national emergency on immigration. You can easily make some half baked arguement about people dying from lack of healthcare. I don't think either are "national emergencies" in the formal sense. We have plenty of time to talk about this shit before doing anything.

Anyone who claims to be pro-business and argues against medicare for all is letting their pro-market ideology get in the way of common sense. Healthcare is an enormous drag on business.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 02-15-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol dude,

The case is much weaker for national emergency on immigration.
It's not on "immigration". it's on border control, the lack thereof.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol dude,

The case is much weaker for national emergency on immigration. You can easily make some half baked arguement about people dying from lack of healthcare. I don't think either are "national emergencies" in the formal sense. We have plenty of time to talk about this shit before doing anything.

Anyone who claims to be pro-business and argues against medicare for all is letting their pro-market ideology get in the way of common sense. Healthcare is an enormous drag on business.
One involves people you dont know who are crossing into your country illegally, the other involves people who already get free healthcare not getting the quality of healthcare you think is sufficient. Idk but the immigration one sounds more like a national emergency than the healthcare one atleast through non-snowflake-liberal eyes.

As for the healthcare being a drag on business, of course it is but whats the solution? Until we invent the trees that grow money, healthcare needs to be paid for by someone. Either we pay for it under current system or the middle class pays double what they pay now to cover the freeloaders fully
Old 02-15-2019, 03:25 PM
Banned

you can tell the actual conservatives from the personality cultists based on their reaction to the border deal
Old 02-15-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can tell the actual conservatives from the personality cultists based on their reaction to the border deal
Now they have ample reason to insure trump is around long enough to replace Ruth Vader. It's all a bunch of nonsnese anyway. Go look at how many times national emergencies have been called for little to no reason. Or do you really think blocking diamond importation os mre important than black drug cartels from from dumping opiates across the border?
Old 02-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now they have ample reason to insure trump is around long enough to replace Ruth Vader. It's all a bunch of nonsnese anyway. Go look at how many times national emergencies have been called for little to no reason. Or do you really think blocking diamond importation os mre important than black drug cartels from from dumping opiates across the border?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misek84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the healthcare being a drag on business, of course it is but whats the solution? Until we invent the trees that grow money, healthcare needs to be paid for by someone. Either we pay for it under current system or the middle class pays double what they pay now to cover the freeloaders fully
The solution is the same solution that all the other advanced economies have. National health insurance plans. I'm not including the UK shitshow because there they have government doctors and dentists.

See, we pay twice is much for the same quality of care in this country and it keeps going up. That's just facts. This system is not better in anyway except when it comes to producing rich health insurance executives.

Judging your opinions. You get most of your views about what "snowflake liberals" are from the MSM...they represent about 3% of voters. Except for Fox which mostly represents Arch Conservatism which is like 22% of voters.

To me, the boomer generation and their individualist rebellion finding themselves mantra...that was the snowflake generation. According to generational theory, it is the Millennials that are on the same cycle like the greatest generation (WW II generation) and the last group that was like the boomers is most famous for starting Spanish Colonalism and the civil war. "Generation Evil" I believe historians sometimes call it.

Quote:
High
According to Strauss and Howe, the First Turning is a High, which occurs after a Crisis. During The High institutions are strong and individualism is weak. Society is confident about where it wants to go collectively, though those outside the majoritarian center often feel stifled by the conformity

Hero (Civic) generations enter childhood after an Awakening, during an Unraveling, a time of individual pragmatism, self-reliance, and laissez-faire. Heroes grow up as increasingly protected post-Awakening children, come of age as team-oriented young optimists during a Crisis, emerge as energetic, overly-confident midlifers, and age into politically powerful elders attacked by another Awakening.[55] Examples: G.I. Generation, Millennials
Famous Heroes: Thomas Jefferson and John F Kennedy

This is the situation my generation is going to create. So some guy in Gen Z (after melenials) can be like Donald Trump (silent generation) and take advantage of the society we leave them. Do well for themselves.

Sometimes after I'm dead you individualists will have your cycle again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straus...ational_theory

Its really good take down for a wiki article
Old 02-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More people die to car accidents and tobacco smoke and alcohol and Big Macs than illegal immigrants, too. Your argument is retarded.

There is no national emergency. There isn't any more people coming in than before. This is a sham and you know it. Sorry you're buying into the hateful xenophobia that's washing over this country.
What are you talking about wow calm down are you ok? Why are you so upset?

Tobacco sale is banned all over the country, and there are all kinds of fat taxes not to mention if you had to go through the same amount of work to enter the country as you do to drive a car, you'd be following republican immigration policy. Are you saying illegal immigrants should be forced to pay insurance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also for what it's worth the reason we have mandated insurance for automobiles is because illegal immigrants in the 1990's were getting into too many accidents and not having auto insurance to pay for them.

I hope you have a better day than it sounds like you have had so far. Don't be so upset.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Yes yes we all keep hearing about all these great other countries and their great national health insurance plans. I come from one of those countries and there are pros and cons to those systems. In addition, the success of those systems is dependent on alot more than just having that health system such as worker participation rates and cultural attitudes towards welfare. So just cause it works positively in some countires is not a sufficent justification that it will work in this country.
Closed Thread