Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Default No...the wiki auction prices are not accurate

But it can be with the help of our player base.

The prices are three months old and as you all know prices on different items can fluctuate quite a bit in that amount of time. The problem is that we do not have anyone putting forth the effort to upload their log files.

For an example I parsed by hand 20 random commonly auctioned items using the last 10 listings here on the wiki and then compared it to what was shown on p99auctions.com . The result was that the prices here were higher on many occasions than what it showed on p99auction. I uploaded an auction file today and will continue to contribute now that I have discovered no one is doing so and before that the last upload was in July of this year. That means all auction data on the wiki up until today was at a minimum of three months old.

So please if you people have a moment to contribute I am sure we can all benefit from a little more accurate information here on our wiki. Once you have completed this setup it just becomes a matter of selecting , pasting and uploading after that.

If you are unaware of how to do this, let me explain it to you.

1. Turn /LOG on so that auction data passively collects as you play the game. You can do this by typing /log in your chat window.

2. This is not a requirement but it makes the upload process much easier. Download and install Gameparse. http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php
3. In gameparse go to File>Load Log File

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

4. Select "Chat" tab at the top and then select "Auctions" on the left menu. Depending on how many auctions you have this may take a second to parse.

5. At the bottom select the most recent auctions. You can select the last seven days up to the last 5 minutes. The more the better but make sure that its just not old auction data from earlier this year.

6. Click and drag over all the text to highlight it. (Alt+a didn't work nor did right clicking, anyone see any easier way to select this data?)

7. Copy the data to the clipboard via a button on the bottom or press Ctrl+C

8. Open Notepad, save the file ignoring any Unicode warnings it gives you. Do not word wrap or anything. Just leave it as is.

9. Go to our wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker

Click Choose File> Browse to select the appropriate log file and submit.

(the log file is in your everquest directory in the Everquest/Log folder.)
Old 10-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it can be with the help of our player base.

The prices are three months old and as you all know prices on different items can fluctuate quite a bit in that amount of time. The problem is that we do not have anyone putting forth the effort to upload their log files.

For an example I parsed by hand 20 random commonly auctioned items using the last 10 listings here on the wiki and then compared it to what was shown on p99auctions.com . The result was that the prices here were higher on many occasions than what it showed on p99auction. I uploaded an auction file today and will continue to contribute now that I have discovered no one is doing so and before that the last upload was in July of this year. That means all auction data on the wiki up until today was at a minimum of three months old.

So please if you people have a moment to contribute I am sure we can all benefit from a little more accurate information here on our wiki. Once you have completed this setup it just becomes a matter of selecting , pasting and uploading after that.

If you are unaware of how to do this, let me explain it to you.

1. Turn /LOG on so that auction data passively collects as you play the game. You can do this by typing /log in your chat window.

2. This is not a requirement but it makes the upload process much easier. Download and install Gameparse. http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php
3. In gameparse go to File>Load Log File

4. Select "Chat" tab at the top and then select "Auctions" on the left menu. Depending on how many auctions you have this may take a second to parse.

5. At the bottom select the most recent auctions. You can select the last seven days up to the last 5 minutes. The more the better but make sure that its just not old auction data from earlier this year.

6. Click and drag over all the text to highlight it. (Alt+a didn't work nor did right clicking, anyone see any easier way to select this data?)

7. Copy the data to the clipboard via a button on the bottom or press Ctrl+C

8. Open Notepad, save the file ignoring any Unicode warnings it gives you. Do not word wrap or anything. Just leave it as is.

9. Go to our wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker

Click Choose File> Browse to select the appropriate log file and submit.

(the log file is in your everquest directory in the Everquest/Log folder.)

"Tells by dirtyboy"

Im intrigued, plz post tells
Old 10-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Kobold

This is better, use this instead: http://www.p99auctions.com/

You can also watch EC auction chat live at pretty much any point in time. Very handy.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldini [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is better, use this instead: http://www.p99auctions.com/

You can also watch EC auction chat live at pretty much any point in time. Very handy.
I use both Wiki and P99auctions.com but lot of people are complaining that there is a lot of fake pricing going on so the fake prices get registered to p99auctions.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you have half a functioning brain you can tell the fake auctions from real ones in about 2.03 seconds.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Gameparse doesn't work because it's not supported for P99.

I tried this out for the hell of it and got like 1001 errors before I just deleted it.
Last edited by Gumbo; 10-20-2016 at 06:40 PM..
Old 10-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Orc

I auction a Gazhugi ring for 8k. Sold it within 10 minutes.

Next day, someone logs on 3 alts and auctions them for 4.3k.

Avg price returns to just under 6k on p99auctions.com

People use p99auctions.com as a market manipulation tool. Hold firm on your prices people.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Banned

I play in Auld Lang Syne and don't have to deal with the EC tunnel. It doesn't even exist for me. Consider ALS
Old 10-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I tried this out for the hell of it and got like 1001 errors before I just deleted it.
I noticed that as well but the earlier versions work great without any of the errors.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

GamParse 1.03 works very well.
Last edited by myriverse; 10-21-2016 at 09:43 AM..
Closed Thread