Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually Arum, as I was talking to some of the banned guild's people, this was a big concern of theirs. While they are not involved this weekend, they live on this server and their concerns are still valid.
This conversation would not be taking place if the bolded wasn't sadly true.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

KT popped @ 1:30 am est. I set my alarm for 9:30 am est. Woke up got a coffee down the street, and logged in @ 10 am est and killed it with our pals from Infernus.

Doz is up now, logging off and gonna kill him @ 1 pm est, so our pals in CSG can have the zone to themselves for a bit while they doing their dragons.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well this is all fine and good, but nerds know that the jocks will be back and nothing will change sadly.

Detoxx/Breaken be like:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Anyone streaming? I heard you guys gonna crawl ToV and kill dragons at their spawn point instead of pull to zone in and "bring chaos" to a safe place.

I'd love to see that. Or was that all just bullshit talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually Arum, as I was talking to some of the banned guild's people, this was a big concern of theirs. While they are not involved this weekend, they live on this server and their concerns are still valid.

So it seemed like a win/win scenario for CSG to choose to leave all our mobs up in ToV until a designated time and down them all at once by pulling to exit. That means we had to make two costly choices.
I would think that csg and other guilds want closer spawn timers rather then spread out..

There is now far less chance A/A will be on a fte lock while another dragon spawn..
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KT popped @ 1:30 am est. I set my alarm for 9:30 am est. Woke up got a coffee down the street, and logged in @ 10 am est and killed it with our pals from Infernus.

Doz is up now, logging off and gonna kill him @ 1 pm est, so our pals in CSG can have the zone to themselves for a bit while they doing their dragons.
I think this is the first time I've actually read a witness account describing sanity in the p99 raiding scene.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone streaming? I heard you guys gonna crawl ToV and kill dragons at their spawn point instead of pull to zone in and "bring chaos" to a safe place.

I'd love to see that. Or was that all just bullshit talk?
As i said, we wanted to clear through the zone. That of course would cause mobs to spread out on timers which was a very strong request from both A/A guilds. So, as i stated, we are doing pulls for their sake. Even though we know it helps us to have timers stacked, it was a biiiig desire to do a crawl.

I will say that we are staying at exit, announcing our pulls, holding pulls when necessary and will even leave the zone so another guild can come in and do some raid mobs at a camp that doesn't disturb the zone. Also, when we do pull Vulak/Vyemm we will put someone outside to announce that entrance is not safe periodically throughout the fight and announce when vulak is being pulled to entrance for anyone who may want to come in.

There will be no chaos today and the server gets stacked timers.

Sadly, we do not get to do a crawl like the good ol' days.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

I wonder how much hard drive space will be saved this weekend
Old 01-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So, as i stated, we are doing pulls for their sake. Even though we know it helps us to have timers stacked, it was a biiiig desire to do a crawl.
Why? If you wait until all your targets are up, a crawl through NTOV shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours. You'll probably get 150 players for this.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Orc

This weekend has been full of people getting to hang out with their friends and watching each other kill dragons and get pixels in a classic setting. That's what being a carebear is all about. much mother flippin wicked casual love to my fam MMFWCL
Closed Thread