Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Red face Lvl 21...

Hail Adventurers!

New to this great community and just finished hunting in Oasis of Marr. Was wondering where to head next? I tried Guk for awhile now on my way to Unrest, but didn't make it past the north entrance of Dagnor's Cauldron. I suppose I'm here to find hunting friends! Soloing isn't really an option for a newbie like myself. Cheers and good hunting!

-Ottway 21 Barbarian Shaman
Old 02-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Most will tell you go to Unrest. Personally I avoid that zone (pathing is horrible.) I'd suggest going to HPH. You can solo the gnolls and orcs easily enough, and start groups with anyone that logs in. You can duo with anyone there. You'll get decent loot, exp, and have the safety of patrolling guards and zonelines, along with a nearby bank and merchants. I recommend saving all the scalps until you are done fighting there. Usually around 24/25 I'll turn everything in.

Being a shaman, 24 is a great level. I wouldn't blame you if you started turning in at 23. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Upper Guk near the undead lguk zoneline is amazing camp at your level, and safe. Also at 21 mistmoore pond group would be very good for you, but its often camped so you may have to wait.

You could also play around in the karanas

Soloing will quickly become an option for you as you level, even with terrible gear.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

My recommendation would be east karana. You can either do gorge hounds (pretty safe) or spiders (bit higher level, might want to duo them at 21). Plenty of mobs usually and a nice open area.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

HPH (highpass hold) is okay, but often you will find level 60s there farming shiny brass idols and orc scalps that refuse to give up any of the mobs. The Gnolls are almost always good, but I'm unsure how many friends you will make here.

At 21 you'll almost be outlevelled for highpass hold. Instead enter Highkeep and try get a spot ridding the basement of the goblin miners that have broken through.

Oasis has a great pickup group scene, you'll still make xp off the deepwaters, so you might be able to make friends grouping there. You can also try orcs in the same zone.

Not far away is upper guk, I think you will have outlevelled the spider camp (which is excellent money and xp. Accessed by following the right wall from the zone in). After the spider camp is the scryer area. This is a pretty popular place for 20ish players to hunt. You may be able to bribe trolls to buy you new spells from innothule swamp to boot.

I agree that unrest can be quite tricky to access. If you want to try it again a good strategy is to get lev from a high level druid at the rings in BB and just sow/lev over to the correct area (tbh I still struggle to find the zone line sometimes).

An alternative dungeon for the same level is Mistmoore, which I find easier to access (beware of pathing brownie scouts in the centre of the zone and the dark elf camp on the bottom wall).

You could also try /who all 20 25 (this will how you all the players in this level range that aren't anon/role playing). You can see where these players are, and possibly send tells asking if they'd like to hook up. Often I've had my best adventures just by doing this, find clues for people doing interesting and just asking if I can tag along. Most people are pretty welcoming even when sent unsolicited tells!
Old 02-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My recommendation would be east karana. You can either do gorge hounds (pretty safe) or spiders (bit higher level, might want to duo them at 21). Plenty of mobs usually and a nice open area.
East Karana and the Karanas in general are the best place to solo in the 20s, but the downside is there won't be too much grouping going on.

My advice is to travel to High Pass / High Pass Hold looking for groups, and if you can't find anything, run down the gorge to East Karana and solo.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Kobold

Did Unrest and Guk. Guk IMO by a mile. Unrest is so heavily camped, you spend a lot of time (at our level, im 20 SK) waiting on mobs.

If you play PST hours, send me a message for group, we group nightly.

(in game name - Joreth)
Old 02-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Mistmoore is a great option at 21 for pond groups. It seems like there is a group running 24/7 there and shamans are always welcome. After a few levels your grouping options open up in the zone as well. The only drawback that I can think of is that there isn't much close by for solo content to keep you busy if LFG is lagging. But, I think that's why they made the Druid and Necro classes who are the perfect alts.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

do you like running back and forth? see step 4

16-24 on my necro doing the above turn-in quest, results.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Thats incredible Tann. Did you level from 16 - 24 exclusively doing that quest? Exp stopped at 24? No downtime in re-doing it?
Closed Thread