Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Default Druid Race - Root Neck / DS Gloves vs. Hide/Sneak

Hi Druids -

Now that we are years into Velious, I am curious as to how useful you have found the utility of your "racial" advantages?

I find that I continue to use Hide/Sneak often enough to maintain their value, whether it is sneaking to a camp in velks or working my way to king camp in seb. I also recall fondly the raid wipes I have survived by stepping into the shadows at just the right moment.

How would you value the racial differences (aside from looks, mustache ftw) now that our server is patched to druid completion? Do you love your root neck? Are your DS gloves indispensable? Will you hide/sneak circles around dead wood elf druids?!

Discuss!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

I'll never be lucky enough to have the gloves. But i have had the necklace for a long time, and i love it! I used to swap all my gear out when i needed to click a clicky, but i no longer care to do so, and this is now my permanent neck piece.. Along with the snare earring from Chardok.

7/10 times i'll use my highest root. But there have been times i've been out of mana and that necky click kept things rooted long enough to survive. Not only that but most of my time on P99 is spent adventuring through lower level zones, or helping low levels, and this clicky is perfect for that.. Minimum damage on root!

Anyways, as a casual player, this neck always stays equipped on me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll never be lucky enough to have the gloves. But i have had the necklace for a long time, and i love it! I used to swap all my gear out when i needed to click a clicky, but i no longer care to do so, and this is now my permanent neck piece.. Along with the snare earring from Chardok.

7/10 times i'll use my highest root. But there have been times i've been out of mana and that necky click kept things rooted long enough to survive. Not only that but most of my time on P99 is spent adventuring through lower level zones, or helping low levels, and this clicky is perfect for that.. Minimum damage on root!

Anyways, as a casual player, this neck always stays equipped on me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gloves are a joke to get, my DAP druid has them. Vindi dies like every minute, so just catch the head rotting once like I did, and a WL faction group can kill the rest of the giants for you. No reason a casual can't obtain these, try to get a Vindi timer from any of the guilds and time it accordingly. These things are invaluable in any situation really, where you either can DS your pet or keep your group members perma DS'd.

Necklace was fantastic to have, you should be getting this no matter what. At 50+ charming in bear pits I usually just keep the actual Grasping Roots spell on if I need it in a hurry, in addition to a longer root. The 56 root is amazing so the necklace is mostly trivialized at that point, but you should still get it because it came in handy many many times. I rolled Human for RobeQuest, I never felt like I needed sneak/hide.

I would not give up the gloves to roll Karana
Old 06-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

My druid is 60, so clearly I made the right choice by going Halfling for the XP bonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did the pits too, and never minded having to cast root ... although a mana-free root might have saved me from a few deaths (but then again, so would some root nets; I was just too lazy to get some).

But also I do like having Hide (and to a much lesser extent Sneak). Sure most of the time you can just Camo yourself or camp, but there's plenty of times when it's nice to let yourself sit AFK, recovering mana, with zero risk, and because Camo fades it doesn't let you do that the way Hide does.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

I like the halfy cus they can see through walls too!

But damn leveling one again has made me see the intense mana sink grasping roots is...

So it makes me wonder if I should try to level one with a neck?

But then again, leveling up brewing to 150?? that sounds like hell to me...

So I am not sure what to do!

I am so on the fence about what my next druid should be! Help me and OP decide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spamming grasping roots while my only cast spell rots the level 15 mobs to death sounds like epic shaman powerful :/
Old 06-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

The gloves are so incredibly nice for power leveling. They aren’t absolutely necessary but they makes thing so much smoother mana wise. After using them I wouldn’t choose any other race regardless of the bonuses.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My druid is 60, so clearly I made the right choice by going Halfling for the XP bonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did the pits too, and never minded having to cast root ... although a mana-free root might have saved me from a few deaths (but then again, so would some root nets; I was just too lazy to get some).

But also I do like having Hide (and to a much lesser extent Sneak). Sure most of the time you can just Camo yourself or camp, but there's plenty of times when it's nice to let yourself sit AFK, recovering mana, with zero risk, and because Camo fades it doesn't let you do that the way Hide does.
The way this is worded makes it sound like Wood Elfs don't also get hide as a racial.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Hairy feet. Nuf said
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way this is worded makes it sound like Wood Elfs don't also get hide as a racial.
I was speaking to all those people who were strongly considering making Human Druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I was leveling in perma and grasping roots was breaking a lot, is that root spell shit? I mean its all I can afford to use at low levels but, idk.. like is it a total shit root?

Using it for free, is not as efficient as using a stronger root, and medding instead of casting for 4 seconds?

I wish to know these secrets.
Closed Thread