Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Green’s Success

I think there are two big things that need to be done prior to green launching in order to ensure it will be a success.

1. Prevent boxing on Blue and Green simultaneously.

The reason this is necessary is for two reasons.

Firstly it is a form of population control. People need to choose a server to devote their time to. This will free up over farmed content on Blue more and help deal with the limited resources on Green. It will be a win-win.

Second, it will reduce the amount of AFK barely paying attention players in groups. One of the big points of success on P99 is ensuring all players are a single player therefore they’re focusing primarily on their character. Once you start having boxing on multiple servers people in your groups quit chatting and overall play goes downhill which makes grouping less enjoyable on a server founded on the idea that players should be forced to group together to conquer content. The desire to box on both servers would be strong for many considering it was discussed to dump green onto blue at the end of the timeline, many people will be compelled to grind on both servers for their eventual wealth on Blue to increase.

If this is not done you’re going to have far too many AFK people setting up at static camps like Hierophant or Pained Soul, locking down 8+ year old content on Blue while also grinding to eventually lock it down on Green. Force people to make a choice. If you want to kill your 100th King Tormax, log off Green lose your spot in a group and kill Tormax.

2. Make the entire server No-CSR like Veeshan’s Peak was for a time.

Players on P99 try to invoke rules and involve staff in their disputes far too often. It a huge waste of staff members’ time. This would allow for players to play their own way, if you want to be a scumbag, you can be however on a new server your most valuable commodity is your reputation and it will quickly get around if you’re trying to train someone or snipe someone’s mob. Generally most of the population will respect camp checks and be civil.

The Blue server has gone through so many raid scene changes, head GM changes and all sorts of scandals which are understandable when people who devote so much time to something become invested in individual parties. Having a No-CSR server would make this a non-issue. Allow players to work out their own disputes and just focus on keeping the server clear of hackers, RMTers and Boxers.

This would also prevent the inevitable situation of people camping Limited duration content like Guises and Manastones for days on end. If people try to do that come in with a bigger group and win the DPS race.

If both of these things could be done prior to launch I think you’re looking at a very successful server where your reputation actually matters like it did in Classic EQ.

Also at some point in the future, I know it’s not feasible prior to green’s launch, but please consider switching to a more classic client from the current Titanium one. The lack of a classic client is about the last avenue of immersion that needs to be pursued to get P99 to a damn near replica of classic EverQuest.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I mean technically on classic the Play Nice Policy was implemented after launch, so there is some classic historical support for reduced CSR.

I dunno though. Sounds messy, and even messier for the non-hardcore.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

I approve of this idea, for whatever that is worth (nothing).

I know if given the opportunity, I would be hanging out at a potential raid location on blue semi-AFK on a shaman while actively doing something else on green.

It would be great from a selfish downtime perspective, but I'd rather them not allow blue and green login at the same time from the same IP.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I like #1.

#2 however will lead to a shit show IMO. People will be training guise/manastone camps and it will be chaos. They’ll form friends with other trainers so they’ll still have a social outlet there if desired. Will be some mad max fury road warlord type shit. And the king neckbeard here will prob look the same irl as that OG in the movie.

The staff unclassicly made a 25 mob ae limit on blue.

The real green solution? Unclassicly remove guise/manastone.
Last edited by Crede; 06-28-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Old 06-28-2019, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Make the entire server No-CSR like Veeshan’s Peak was for a time.

Players on P99 try to invoke rules and involve staff in their disputes far too often. It a huge waste of staff members’ time. This would allow for players to play their own way, if you want to be a scumbag, you can be however on a new server your most valuable commodity is your reputation and it will quickly get around if you’re trying to train someone or snipe someone’s mob. Generally most of the population will respect camp checks and be civil.
Most of the pop will be civil and it's certainly a waste of the staff's time, but reputation doesn't mean shit when you're pixel hungry. I remember being repeatedly trained by a dwarf cleric who was in a big-name guild back in Kunark(blue) in KC. Mind you I had no idea wtf the guy was. Later I realized on the forums that he was more or less globally seen as a waste of life and everyone hated him. I didn't report him though, and I've long forgotten his name. Most people don't report every little thing, you said it yourself. Most people are civil. They also don't have a grudge book like some Warhammer dwarf. Civil or not training/camp stealing isn't something that was allowed on classic afaik so it doesn't make sense to make a pro-classic post and demand an anti-classic stance.

I would love to see multi-server boxing removed if possible and classic UI returned though. Classic UI would be amazing. A functional stamina system would be the biggest pro-classic change, but iirc they sadly can't make it work for whatever reason.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Kobold

No-CSR is fine if the players have a way to deal with the scumbags, and that is pvp. If there's no pvp, people can be scumbags with impunity. Who cares if you are aware of known scumbags.. they're just going to keep doing it.

I'm not advocating green should be a pvp server. Just saying that if there's no CSR, there needs to be a way for players to deal with the offenders themselves.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Totally agree with #1. Not a fan of the potential double neck beard action.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Can we put in a system where if enough people in the zone vote Yes, an offending party will be flagged Red for 24 hours?
Old 06-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Play Nice Policy is too hands on for GMs to deal with every random dark boned skeleton pulled out of your camp. It was not enforced anywhere near the extent that it is on P99. Let players work things out on their own.

You have many different ways to combat players being scumbags without requiring PvP. Reputation does matter on a new server. People may continue doing scummy things but that will lead to them being blacklisted from many services like ports and rezzed, groups and guilds. There may be a scumbag guild that forms to take in all these scumlords which will then be combatted by every other guild because they don’t want to see the scumlords win dragons.

Without this the launch of the server will be an avalanche of petitions about Emperor Crush and Lord Pickclaw Kill steals and people taking other people’s decaying skeletons with cracked staves. It would be a monumental waste of time to try to sort through all of these disputes. Let people just play the game without having to check the rulebook about which mobs they can camp near and how long their stopwatch has to show before they can take a spawned mob.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely agree with #1. Last thing we need is people afk camping everything on blue while leveling on green.
Closed Thread