Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQJubilee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think so.
Please read the previous posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Aviak

I'm not sure if this will fix the issue for anyone else, but for me, I have to close AMD Gaming Evolved (from the system tray) which was installed with my new Radeon video card drivers before I run EQ or it closes right after the server selection. I'm not sure what the interaction is, but it fixes this issue for me. I hope this helps someone.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Kobold

I had the same problem. Fresh install but clicking on a server booted me to desktop.

Followed mgellan's advice and boom it worked. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if this will fix the issue for anyone else, but for me, I have to close AMD Gaming Evolved (from the system tray) which was installed with my new Radeon video card drivers before I run EQ or it closes right after the server selection. I'm not sure what the interaction is, but it fixes this issue for me. I hope this helps someone.
I did not have the AMD gaming Evolved running when I tried to login and had the issues last night, but I did end process or two AMD catalyst control center processes and then logging in worked fine. So it does appear to be related to AMD video driver/control center/other AMD video software.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

"The instruction at 0x02ab1c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read" is what I get.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The file is eqclient.ini in the root of your EQ folder. These settings will set your window to 800x600 windowed - once in the game you can use the video settings to futz around with different resolutions...

[Defaults]
WindowedMode=TRUE

[VideoMode]
Width=800
Height=600
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

Regards,
Mg
I have done this with a handful of different resolutions and no luck! What i don't understand is that it was working fine for a week then all of a sudden error! So I don't know what else i'm supposed to do here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
weird and thanks seems to be working

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My game does the same thing. the only thing i can do about it is put the resolution at its lowest, then i have massive black bars on the side of my screen and no space to see my character.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Can't believe this was it... been scratching my head for days trying to log in.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't believe this was it... been scratching my head for days trying to log in.
Ditto