Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-19-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

There are tons of bug threads on this. Weighted axe dmg bonus is insane due to delay, bows shouldn’t be benefiting from this. Enjoy it while ya can.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Yea but outside some meme pvp kills its not affecting anything. I don’t see warriors raid dpsing and even the discussion of a SK leveling with a skydarkener is painful to think about. Mine has been in the bank since two months after looting it.

For rangers a lot of stuff is rooted that shouldn’t be. Allegedly on live people got double damage hits on Yeli. It’s a fun server but there are some differences.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-19-2023 at 09:49 PM..
Old 12-20-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

It does make me wish my warrior was a large race to use the weighted axe with his Gleed bow. Would have made soloing more interesting having bow shots that always hit for over 100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-20-2023, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does make me wish my warrior was a large race to use the weighted axe with his Gleed bow. Would have made soloing more interesting having bow shots that always hit for over 100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just rolled a barb warrior after this thread. No harm in starting new builds of the same class 😉
Old 12-21-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger is very gear dependent with certain items, sky cloak, good haste, good dps weapons makes a huge difference. Soloing is very very easy if you are geared on ranger with just straight up melee. they do get 91% self haste afterall and a variety of self procs., root, slow weapons, etc. Ac doesnt effect them but the toolkit, regen, 91% self haste, slows etc make leveling a ranger super easy with twinking.
Yeah, I used to quote that 91% as well, but I don't think it's true anymore... the effect on Dark Cloak of the Sky is "Haste". The Wiki shows Haste to cap out at 35% at L49:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste

I was like "Sure, but what about at L60?" then I clicked on the ref link:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155457

Scroll down to Haste... if it's the same Haste that DCoS is using, the max went from 150 (50% presumably as we all remember it being) down to 135 (35% presumably):

Quote:
Haste (o) updated atk speed max 150 => 135
Did DCoS get nerfed on P99 back in 2014? I guess a simple parse with/without would tell for sure but I am too lazy to even do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or does it get un-nerfed later in the Velious timeline and no one updated the Wiki?

Or is it using a completely different Haste spell and it's still 50%?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I used to quote that 91% as well, but I don't think it's true anymore... the effect on Dark Cloak of the Sky is "Haste". The Wiki shows Haste to cap out at 35% at L49:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste

I was like "Sure, but what about at L60?" then I clicked on the ref link:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155457

Scroll down to Haste... if it's the same Haste that DCoS is using, the max went from 150 (50% presumably as we all remember it being) down to 135 (35% presumably):

Did DCoS get nerfed on P99 back in 2014? I guess a simple parse with/without would tell for sure but I am too lazy to even do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or does it get un-nerfed later in the Velious timeline and no one updated the Wiki?

Or is it using a completely different Haste spell and it's still 50%?
It overwrites shaman haste which is 50% I don’t think it would if it were less
Old 12-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whew, good.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-21-2023, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Ranger is very gear dependent with certain items, sky cloak, good haste, good dps weapons makes a huge difference. Soloing is very very easy if you are geared on ranger with just straight up melee. they do get 91% self haste afterall and a variety of self procs., root, slow weapons, etc. Ac doesnt effect them but the toolkit, regen, 91% self haste, slows etc make leveling a ranger super easy with twinking.

Is there like, a reason why AC doesn't effect them? Seems broken
Old 12-21-2023, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there like, a reason why AC doesn't effect them? Seems broken
Dunno motec thoroughly tested and it's what he found, just my years playing it hp and resi help the most, luckily rangers get great toolkits of high haste , Regen and slows with good dps
Old 12-22-2023, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It definitely overlaps Alacrity at 40%. Celerity at 50% blocks it but even if the same percent and no other benefits that holds true to EQ logic. 18 second buffs shouldn’t remove another spell of the same line and same percent effect.

Worst case 41%. Best case 50%.