Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Shaman Wearing Druid Gear?

Hey All,

I am fairly new to the Shaman class, level 21 atm. Was curious as to whether or not I'd be making a big mistake in doing a gear transfer from what my 37 druid is wearing over to the shaman here.

I was aiming for a higher Mana pool in doing this, but I realize that at 29 I would get cannibalize. I understand that Shaman's are the most Melee able of the "Priest" classes so It would make sense to me that while I may be boosting my WIS, I'm suffering a big hit to the AC and Durability as I'd be walking around in leather, and then Im probably facing restrictions due to the race size.....

Thoughts?

Thank's all.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Well, I've not played a shaman, but as I understand it, cannibalize will refresh and add mana, but it won't increase your overall mana pool. Its not always convenient to have cani going anyway, since it decreases your HP and makes you easier to kill.

I don't think using the druid gear can hurt until you get up in levels, but I would slowly replace the leather with chain.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't think using the druid gear can hurt until you get up in levels, but I would slowly replace the leather with chain.

Just my 2 cents worth.
thats wrong way round!

post 30 you will tank less. its harder to withstand a mobs dps in kunark and velious.

you tend to abrogate the tanking duties to a plate class(or monk/ranja).

if you are going to play melee its more likely to be under 30....infact its healthy to try it so you raise defense/dodge.

after 30 if you go down the grp path, then you are gonna need to push the mana pool up......or be constantly canni dancing.
A shm couls solo all the time, but imo most players grp alot of the time......

at 34 you will want to spend some quality time alone with fido.....learning the capabilites of the fluffy dot )

The ideal solution is items that have wis and high ac......but they dont come cheap!
Gives you a goal to aim at.....

weapon skill selection is a tricky one....ihb/poker/2hb hard to keep em all up!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 11-26-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Are you kidding? I'm 47 and I tank on my shaman, and cannibalize between swings. Focus AC all the way.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Kobold

wow a lot of bad advice, go HP and dont neglect AC your a shaman not a druid wis aint a huge deal when you can turn HP into mana and when you run out of HP you die unlike mana.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Talking This ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow a lot of bad advice, go HP and dont neglect AC your a shaman not a druid wis aint a huge deal when you can turn HP into mana and when you run out of HP you die unlike mana.
Raveen has got it right.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS Look Below!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

I know you'll never hear me over the min-maxers, but in 2000, a Blood Stained Tunic was excellent gear at L21. The important thing is, you just gotta be fierce girrl.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Well, whats the alternative? If you have resources and can gear up in other ways, but you think all the +wis on the druid gear might be better than that, I think you are probably making a mistake. If you don't have resources, and your current gear sucks, then the druid gear might be a bonus for a while. Remember +wis doesn't really do a huge amount of mana per wis at lower levels. Around 30 or so you really need to start prioritizing hp and AC over +wis for most slots. Shamans in my experience run best with hp/ac over wis at end game. Even druids are better off with the cheap +55 hp rings over the +6 wis rings, for instance, so if you haven't gotten them you are failing.

Of course, regen trumps everything.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

It could be appropriate to take earrings, rings, headers, face, arms, and wrists off your druid. However if you have some spare platinum to spend, you can easily get some decent items for nearly all of your equipment spots. I ended up meleeing on my shaman intermittently with slime coated harpoon, the. Poison wind denser, and then epic(until I could click) after 34 it was very easily noticed that root rotting was the way to go. It's a bit tough and feels stretched out in the beginning but it gets a lot better. Definitely try to gear more for hitpoints mainly then armor count and wisdom as a secondary. I do not care about what these other fools say. Having a decent mana pool is always going to help because you'renot always going to be single pulling or have the time for canni.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

All of this gear is AC or melee:

Get some JBB gear -- Helm, Gauntlets, Boots and Vambraces -- these are cheap.

Get a 2h blunt -- Poison Wind Censor, Withered Totem of Widdershins, Granite Face Grinder

Quest your own totemic -- Greaves, Breastplate, Bracers, Helm

For jewelry, 55HP 5AC Rings, Gold Jasper all around, unless you can afford Forest Loops, and I use Targishin's Bone Mask for the face.

For a cape, get a Hooded Black Cloak, or a Molten Cloak.

As for belt, if you can afford a FBSS that's the way to go, or else get a Reed Belt.

I'm not even kidding, if you slow the mob, and and buff yourself up, along with haste and regeneration on you and your dog and you can seriously tank until 50 or higher. Even in groups you're gonna be taking a crap ton of damage if you slow, you gotta be able to mitigate it.

Having a huge mana pool or HP pool is essentially pointless. Mitigate the damage, or regenerate it.
Closed Thread