Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Aviak

Default Bard starting stats

I want to make a half-elf bard. What is the best stats to put my starting points into? Any other tips would be appreciated too.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Charisma/Dex with a priority on Charisma. Being able to lull/mez/charm is way more important than doing 2% more melee dps.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma/Dex with a priority on Charisma. Being able to lull/mez/charm is way more important than doing 2% more melee dps.
What exact split like 20dex/5cha?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Sta, dex, and cha. At the end of the day though, it really doesn't matter too much.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Aviak

Thank for the help guys. Is it too expensive being a Bard? Don't you have to buy all sorts of instruments and weapons? What instruments should I buy first?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Aviak

Bards are not too expensive. Just pick up all your vendor instruments. You can upgrade to Mistmoore Drums and Lute of the Gypsy Princess (the two instruments you use when grouping) for pretty cheap in EC. Banded armor will serve you fine, and Bard only weapons are cheap....Sainy's Singing Dagger is cheap, Sionache's Partisan is like ~400pp and will last you til 60 if you need it to, Symphonic Saber can be picked up around 1k-1500pp, etc.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Kobold

I'd say If you plan to cc or a lot, put most of it in CHA. Although CHA is the cheapest stat to raise with jewellery so maybe go with whatever you want. STR is good for not being encumbered in general and if you want to be able to wear bronze armor early on put some points in there. Personally I put 5 STR and the rest CHA as I plan to charm kite later on.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Also bards are utterly crap at melee (unless heavily twinked) so would not bother getting expensive weapons. My bard is on holiday until the hybrid penalty goes.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Always carry a lute and drum, vendor is fine until you can loot the MM drum and lute in your 30s. Wear banded/whatever until planar. The only recommendations to buy are the 5AC/55HP rings and some starter MR/CR/FR gear. Bards are one of the least gear dependent classes in the game (besides the hard-as-nails to obtain epic). Bard specific weapons are cheap.

Starting stats are mostly a toss-up, CHA or STA are both decent choices. If I could put my starting stats into resists, I would have.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

I wish there was a way we could see how dex/cha tie into the formulas for mez, lull, and missed notes. Obviously, level plays the largest role, but how do these stats work into the formula.
Closed Thread