Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have been saying that for like 10 years +
A valid point, but Agnarr is set to "lock" at PoP era. Leads me to believe that it may be the last TLP. I've eaten crow before.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

i dunno how well DBG is managing its cash shop, but cash shops and micro transactions can be pretty neat because they allow everyone to play for free if they want. additionally, well done cash shops allow everyone access to cash shop items by making them tradeable. at that point it is just part of the game and nobody has an "unfair" advantage. sure, if someone wants to drop $50 on some CS stuff and sell it in game to deck their character out, they get an advantage, but then so do people who have friends already playing or people who buy collector's editions or people who are unemployed and have countless hours to invest.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

When I played EQ on live back in 1999-2004, I was 12-17 years old. Bunch of time, but no money. I enjoyed Luclin and PoP the most, I have most of my EQ memories there. I think Luclin/Pop is for me what most people mean when they say "classic" as they basically mean "awesome". "Classic" is a shitty word tbh (exception: you intend to describe an era in ancient times).

Today I'm working a lot, resulting in a bunch of money, but no time. TLP live servers allow me to exchange money for time. Take my money Daybreak!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

The only thing that will remotely make me consider coming back to p99 would be the discord server. That sounds like it would be fun.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

The most classic thing about everquest... is Paying 15$ a month for everquest.

New tlp server going to be the best spot to farm Krono also. I've been on phinny for 3 months now and only paid for my first month, and now have 3+months lined up free. Also get awarded free 500DB each month to get cool things in market place.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Just curious but why does swish care so much what strangers do with their free time on the internet?*

*disclaimer have not played p99 or live eq in many years . Seems like severe mental illness to be this concerned with strangers gaming habits .

Ps I have no problem with swish just find it strange he (or anyone else) is this invested in strangers gaming choices
Old 03-21-2017, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry Phinny players. You're on a sinking ship with too many holes in it...you can jump to Agnarr now or sink with your AAs and irrelevant pixels.

Love all the hate for me making this thread, sorry you're mad about being on a has been server. Please continue to post which instanced raid bosses you're killing or which pixels you dropped as your world shrinks down to nothing. Hell, this could be great for BDA... that private server you always wanted, the dream could be realized by proxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay salty pals, watch the masses jump ship to Agnarr... you're all probably doing it quietly in an "Actually we can probably play both" style already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

I think OP has some issues with the end of games. All games end some day. Singleplayer RPGs have an end, MMO Servers and games end at some point. You enjoy them till you do. I wonder if Swish plays board games with his friends.

"Hey Swish, up for some Monopoly?"

"Hell no! Please continue to post which properties you are buying or what houses or hotels you dropped as your world shrinks down to nothing when the game will end at some point! Salty salty pals, watch the masses jump to Memory or Old Maid. You're all probably doing it quietly in an "Actually, we can probably paly both games" style already!"
Old 03-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think OP has some issues with the end of games. All games end some day. Singleplayer RPGs have an end, MMO Servers and games end at some point. You enjoy them till you do. I wonder if Swish plays board games with his friends.

"Hey Swish, up for some Monopoly?"

"Hell no! Please continue to post which properties you are buying or what houses or hotels you dropped as your world shrinks down to nothing when the game will end at some point! Salty salty pals, watch the masses jump to Memory or Old Maid. You're all probably doing it quietly in an "Actually, we can probably paly both games" style already!"
That's a terrible analogy, but the emotion you used is legit in the sense that you're mad about my last post.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

I've spent the last 17 years online. I barely have any emotions left at all.
Closed Thread