Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Why would anyone want to wipe the server? Only a couple of people have managed to get full best in slot gear + accessories after 2.5 years of velious. (and they had no lives) It takes like 10 years of velious on this server to get one character full BIS if you have a life..... Now a new server, that is different and interesting...why ever wipe blue?
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This idea that Pantheon won't get released is an accurate statement if you made it 2-3 years ago. Pay attention to what that game is doing today and you will change your tune, unless of course you're just a bitter troll.

Pantheon is shaping up to at least take a sizeable chunk of the p99 population. Pantheon is looking better and better with each update.
Actually I have the page bookmarked and check it every week or so. So far we've got class updates (words and ideas) and the occasional gameplay video (piecemeal dungeon content). I will buy in & play day 1 or earlier but if it releases within 2 years it'll be extremely content-starved unless they've kept lots of already finished content secret, though this is a discussion for another thread.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

I don't know about you guys but I could never keep up with the classic timeline, I had school and sports and friends. The expansions would come out faster than i could level up and I was stuck in an endless grind. I never really got to do end game raiding as a result on live. The classic timeline sucked.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would anyone want to wipe the server? Only a couple of people have managed to get full best in slot gear + accessories after 2.5 years of velious. (and they had no lives) It takes like 10 years of velious on this server to get one character full BIS if you have a life..... Now a new server, that is different and interesting...why ever wipe blue?

What is different or interested about the following?:
New Server comes out
Small portion rushes to max level and starts monopolizing raids
rest of us move same as always, maybe a small percent of people get pixels "early" compared to having gotten them late or never now.
But then it won't take too long to be right back where we are now..

okay sleeper is still awake which is legit.

I could see an argument of, P1999 would be different if bug x or exploit y was fixed earlier on the history of the server. I think that's legit. I could see an argument of a new server with the exact same code of p1999 now so no broken items (manastone, fungus staff etc) are out there costing millions of plat. And I guess the whole RMT account trading thing probably had a profound effect on how the server economy works.

People in EQ Live always just wanted a new server. "Grass is greener", "My guild is going to be the top guild THIS Time" etc. I just personally don't see the point. I enjoy trodding along at a slow pace.

Don't wipe p1999, maybe make a new blue server but then again that'd probably split the p1999 population which in my opinion would have a bigger negative effect on the community than whatever crap we deal with now.

IMO the fact that p1999 pushes around 1.2k people at peaks is exactly where we need to be. This was the population of a lot of healthy liver servers back in the day if I remember correctly. Despite all my saved pixels etc, my biggest concern is that p1999 has a sizable and healthy population. Splitting that in half if we added another server could be bad. Wiping the current server and restarting could also have a huge negative effect to the community.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is in pre-alpha. You're being negative for no reason. Telling.
but enough about Star Citizen
Old 07-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I think you'll find the healthy and normal thing is to replace my enjoyable game playing with bitterly forumquesting to convince myself that people enjoying the thing I, myself, came here for in the first place is very very bad. In fact, my time investment in and subsequent posting about this entertainment product has made me truly Enlightened. You imbecile. You moron. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why so salty young hobbit
Old 07-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

Excuse me, could you please leave personal attacks for the Atlanta & raveS forum.

ThankS!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Banned

Why do the staff not ban his shitty 50th account too?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-25-2018 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: I'm serious. Staff on p99 let these PoS walk all over them.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:24 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Excuse me ☝️😎

This is not the place for your hateful vitriol

Please save that for rantS anD RavES

Before you get 👀 👀 reportEd 📝
Old 07-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

This message is hidden because LulzSect© is on your ignore list.

dude stfu, you're banned. you should be banned. Get the hint we do not want you in this community. there's the door good bye.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread