Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Banned

I've had different experience, consistently, from what other people say is fact here. I've had static placed mobs not memblur many many many times.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

The 'men blur' works on a mob by mob basis; you'll sometimes see a bunch pathing back then the one which did not forget reaggroing the others as he runs back.

That's an interesting observation Teppler. Did you have a pet up, any dots etc on the mob?

Did you give it a little time to finish spinning round after it returned to its spot?
Last edited by Jimjam; 12-25-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 12-25-2018, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First successful FD is roughly a 35% chance to blur a mob above level 35+. Seems to increment up around 15% per FD so by third successful FD you have a 65% chance to blur. This is all for the Skill feign death not the spell mind you. Static mobs reset their hate list when they reach their spawn coordinates. Pathers retain theirs indefinitely unless blurred.

Spell FD seems to have a much smaller chance to blur as I tested a necromancers FD on a pather once and he never blurred even after 30+ casts. Eventually had to /q to clear the agro. This was two years ago and I'd be curious to see someone take a crack at it again.
This seems to me how it works at least at level 60. Under level 60 FD is not as reliable on the blurring side it feels like, but its also been a long time since the sneak/FD changes and most of my experience is from before that.

I have been playing a level 57 SK recently and I can confirm mobs reset 100% of the time when they get back to their spawn point. I have been pulling and splitting a ton and never once has it not reset when they successfully get back to their home.

Back in my day we would sneak while FD sonny...
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 'men blur' works on a mob by mob basis; you'll sometimes see a bunch pathing back then the one which did not forget reaggroing the others as he runs back.

That's an interesting observation Teppler. Did you have a pet up, any dots etc on the mob?

Did you give it a little time to finish spinning round after it returned to its spot?
I'm well aware of how FD works and DOTs will keep aggro. Often times I regain HP on my necro by Lifetap DOTing and then FD. The situations I'm talking about, which I've seen on many occasions, is without a pet and without DOTs. I've seen it happen to me personally(non monk) and with monks I group with. I can give you a specific location where if you try it, you will clearly see it yourself. Try splitting Tolapumj and the Juggernaut golems around him. I've had this discussion with numerous monks, while it was happening, and a few have asked me what exactly goes into blurring them which prompted me to make this topic.

I'll give you a story of what happened once in crypt when I used to camp there. I would use the Baron PH to clear the entire camp. Then I would place the baron on his camp spot then FD in the safe corner and wait for things to respawn. One time I put baron back, I went to safe corner, FD waited MINUTES and he came running at me after. This has happened more than once. After the first time I started keeping my awareness up.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Wandering mobs dont work like static mobs thats what youre experiencing
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs' pets generally don't ever reset and you have to /q out to clear agro. Could be why they're attacking you after returning to their spawn point.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a wizard in to wand down that animation every time. Think of it as an honorary DT.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Asks question
Answers own question
Disagrees with experts
Yup.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

didnt play a monk but I know it was incorrectly OP here for a while (might still be) at the direction of scummin bluebies
Old 12-25-2018, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt play a monk but I know it was incorrectly OP here for a while (might still be) at the direction of scummin bluebies
sorry you never got to play musical trains with sneak blur on red then, very fun.

Sneak blur shouldn't have been in whatever hate list manip sneak had was gone by the time kunark rolls around. Sneak and calls for helps though was definitely a thing. Perhaps not in the way I once hoped but pretty telling that rogues aka highest sneak skill would come up with some weird throw--->throwing broke sneak---->Reappply sneak----> hope you dont get unlucky technique which then got picked up by monks, balzy rangers, and stupid hobbits.

They then went and buffed that mechanic but I suppose not quite in the era remembered. Oh well still give me some classic borderline bug pull finesse please!
Closed Thread