Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-14-2021, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah disappointed.

Still some good folks putting in the hours.

I’d love for blue to be a legacy server where newer servers cycle into it. It would be more reason to play blue today knowing more pals will come in the future.
lol i thought thats how it worked and the only reason im playing red cuz i said to myself well at least if 2.0 comes out the hours i put on red recently are not for nothing. Ill eventually be able to play all these characters on the same server. So i guess red 1.0 will be forever dead? Just killed my motivation instantly. Like not only forever dead but if 2.0 ever comes out it will be deader than dead. Like probably perma single-digit.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Actually I meant to say red 1.0 in my other post. If 2.0 was coming or came out the 1.0 could expect friends and in the long run their solo grind to the top would have some value, they’d have people to show off their BIS collection too.

If 2.0 never comes then it’s just them and 20 people sad story style forever
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:02 AM
Banned

New red asap
Old 11-14-2021, 12:10 PM
Banned

Introducing the Red Green Initiative!!!!
Old 11-14-2021, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually I meant to say red 1.0 in my other post. If 2.0 was coming or came out the 1.0 could expect friends and in the long run their solo grind to the top would have some value, they’d have people to show off their BIS collection too.

If 2.0 never comes then it’s just them and 20 people sad story style forever
Im confused here and important since i just rolled an alt on red last week. Does anyone know for a fact that green will never be dumped on blue and they are meant to be separate server forever? Cuz if thats how they do it, i have no interest in continuing to play red. I only played in the frame of mind that i will roll a necro comes 2.0 if it ever comes and eventually (like 3 years) my chars on 2.0 will be dumped on 1.0.

It would do these things: Let me play red while i wait to get reacquainted with the mechanics. Make the time on 1.0 not wasted since when the 2.0 pop gets dumped there, it means an influx of new population and a healthier 1.0 once that happens. If 2.0 never happens, then at least its possible the pop numbers in the long run will go up as more people join.

But if 2.0 isnt dumped, then 1.0 is doomed to have its pop dead. I guess it would be ok, but it means im stopping to play right away and bad for the pop health of 1.0. In fact, not knowing means im stopping right away. It really sucks this info isnt pinned somewhere, i feel bad for all these people slugging it out on red after all these years.

Like the bad clincher is they are not letting know if the players investing all this time on 1.0 are doing it for nothing, because if a server ever comes out thats not getting dumped then they might as well be playing EQ on a non-internet server at home because thats the likely outcome of a new non-dumped server. Logging in to nobody after spending years building their characters. Thats the major part i critiqued the staff here over the years, the lack of consideration for peoples time. I assumed red 2.0 was getting dumped because it seems like the only solid option, but thinking back, i could see xp loss was terrible on day1 and they didnt see it, didnt listen when it was obvious it was bad for obvious reasons and let red rot till pop dipped to single digit. Seems like things havent changed much around here.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 11-14-2021 at 01:22 PM..
Old 11-14-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

The original 100 officially announced and indicated plan by staff was that green would dump to blue.

After launch some green psychopaths asked for that never to happen presumably for double pharming RMT operations and other ill intentions because there is no good guy reason for not combining green and blue once green has exhausted its timeline.

(You are allowed to play both servers at the same time right now)

Staff has not made commitment either way at this time saying they reserve the right to do it however they want.

Red players are not so brain dead but I could see red 2.0 not wanting to combine with 1.0 because of rule set differences but I think it should combine anyways and just reset so we can keep a fresh n fun server all the time instead of stale n dead.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:28 PM
Banned

Having multliple servers to play on is super nice Gustoo. I agree about the pharming OPS tho. it's a double edged sword

It is totally safe to combine red 1.0 to any server because you can toggle pvp at any time at priest of order and discord so will never lose your option to pvp
Old 11-14-2021, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

Red players are not so brain dead but I could see red 2.0 not wanting to combine with 1.0 because of rule set differences but I think it should combine anyways and just reset so we can keep a fresh n fun server all the time instead of stale n dead.
Like, context matters. Red is almost dead. Its only hope is that a new non-dumped server never happens and that pop slowly picks up.

It just boggles the mind that they would say 2 years ago that a new server is coming, not say anything leaving the players of 1.0 in limbo as to the fate of their server. Not even say dumped, non-dumped as to not leave people to grind for weeks to come out on top to "new server out in a month, bang your server is dead".

I assumed it would be dumped just as i assumed in 2011 that red would be Rallos reborn. I shouldnt assume these things i guess. I can take comfort in the fact that tassador will still be here in the future when i check back every few months on 2.0 making his passive agressive weasel comments. Thanks buddy.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having multliple servers to play on is super nice Gustoo. I agree about the pharming OPS tho. it's a double edged sword

It is totally safe to combine red 1.0 to any server because you can toggle pvp at any time at priest of order and discord so will never lose your option to pvp
Like, this is the next best idea. That would save red, but just on the heels of that idea, the blubies will never let it happen. They will bitch and whine about it. Sad cuz it would make the longevity of the pve server extend, letting blue players dabble in pvp without losing the time investment they made on the server. I guess lawyer questing for camps would suck though, never had to deal with it and im probably not grasping just how different it makes EQ.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:32 PM
Banned

like, as Kim Jung once said, let them eat black swans

if we are a big raid guild on green 99 and we FTE a mob they can either toggle pvp on or wait till we get our loot

we can pvp and have fun, and there can be another red guild on green 99 I think

This is HOW the original rallos started, it's how grandpa and grandma did it.