Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 11:58 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, i am not receiving any texts after selecting the sms option to create a loginserver account. I have checked my blocked/spam texts as well
Old 08-05-2023, 02:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Yes, it's definitely broke.

I never received the SMS. I was hoping by at least 48 hours, the SMS would have timed out and I could at least skip the SMS verification and it is still saying I have a waiting SMS.

So, the entire process is currently borked until someone can take a look at it. Which sucks...
Old 08-05-2023, 06:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weird. Did you create your "log in account" on this forum or on the EQEMU forum?
I created it here on this forum. Seems like many people are facing this issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I created it here on this forum. Seems like many people are facing this issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would try creating it on the EQEMU forums. Worth a try.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Post SMS Email

I'm a new player who hasn't played since the good old days. I tried setting up the SMS just in case I do forget my password and I have yet to get an email verification. How long does this usually take or is it bugged?
Old 08-06-2023, 03:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'd just like to echo what's being said here. SMS is not being sent as of 8/6/23 early morning USA time

Any expected ETA or updates would be welcome. Thanks in advance for your efforts.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can you not just get rid of the SMS system and let passwords be reset like every other website and game out there ?

There's no ability to change your phone number so I imagine there are hundreds of people locked out of accounts because they can't reset their forgotten passwords
Old 08-09-2023, 08:59 AM
Large Rat

As of 8/9 the SMS system is still not working. I am trying to come back and play my accounts, but I can't do anything.
Old 08-09-2023, 06:46 PM
Orc

My SMS is still /blacklisted/.

Just came back - do we have to individually petition to get fixed ?
Old 08-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was just looking to get back into my account after a year of not playing. Thought I had my password written down somewhere, but apparently not. Tried to reset it, and have been waiting 30 mins for the sms. So I'll add myself to the others who are essentially screwed at this point.
Closed Thread