Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-28-2023, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Default Can the fourms become a more positive place

Its sad to me that the p99 reddit is a more social and open place to post then the p99 forums. It seems all people talk about on here is how blue and green should merge and that raiding sucks and the devs are lazy.

If you have multiple level 60s maybe you should try a new server or maybe even try another game. If you poop socked for years its no surprise that you have run out of content.

We are literally playing a old game that we are LUCKY to play in p99 vanilla state. The devs spent a lot of unpaid hard hours to make this server. The devs have lives and this is their passion project.

I get that it is frustrating that the devs don't communicate with the community as much as we would like but they have lives and other responsibilities. I also think people underestimate how much work making a new server is. Most people here couldn't even figure out how to form a simple sql connection string or even compile C++ code or even understand how to set up their router at home.

Lets bring back the days where the most heated discussions where people jealous of Castle 2.0s world records with the occasional random person saying that the red server is great.

Non stop complaining about server shit makes this forum a cess pool.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

No.

Hail Woushi!
Old 09-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Banned

It actually boggles my mind. P99 servers altogether might be more popular than they've ever been besides Green's launch. Yet these forums are a dust town.

Essentially there are folks that treat EQ forums like some kind of PvP match. It's weird. It's almost as if folks that become disillusioned with EQ become red99-type forum dwellers. Maybe they didn't live in era of cool couch co-ops like Golden Eye and Mario Kart. Basically they think saying three words in a negative way makes them cool or something. And they're in their 40s doing this. No depth. Just sheer laziness really.

You do you Lambparade. There are folks who appreciate other people with brains and creativity. You're right that tons go on behind the scenes that most take for granted. There were eras when these forums were pretty awesome. Who knows there could be another renaissance again at some point.
Last edited by Seducio; 09-28-2023 at 12:22 PM..
Old 09-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yes!
Yes we can!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Blue and green should merge. Raiding does suck. P99 isn't in vanilla state, it's in velious for over two years now. I have no problem with complaints, better than saying all is well when it isn't. I don't know the devs, do you? I just know they are largely absent compared to how they use to be.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue and green should merge. Raiding does suck. P99 isn't in vanilla state, it's in velious for over two years now. I have no problem with complaints, better than saying all is well when it isn't. I don't know the devs, do you? I just know they are largely absent compared to how they use to be.
I've literally seen a bat phone for one of the servers, logged on to the wrong server by accident, but it was okay cos it turned out I had a character in the right place to kill a similar mob which was also being batphoned on that other server anyway.

They are close enough functionally the same.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-28-2023, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fifteen years in a largest thankless job where your passion is repaid with some awesome users and many crappy users who won't go away. I get why the devs are checked out. They will circle back though. All EQers do, both players and devs. Mainly because there isn't anything else like EQ. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

The best the rest of us can do is enjoy what was created and recognize there are few places like these forums and servers left on the web. The no ads thing rocks I have to say. To answer your question I don't know the devs here. But I have no doubts that some still visit here regularly and most likely read from those that post constructively.

The will to do things in a productive and 'moving the needle' manner again will probably return when the time is right for devs and their circumstances. Passion is a strange beast.
Last edited by Seducio; 09-28-2023 at 12:54 PM..
Old 09-28-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best the rest of us can do is enjoy what was created and recognize there are few places like these forums and servers left on the web. The no ads thing rocks I have to say. To answer your question I don't know the devs here. But I have no doubts that some still visit here regularly and most likely read from those that post constructively.
Yep, I still enjoy it for what it is. Glad you are optimistic about the devs, that makes one of us. I'm starting to have my doubts.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:59 PM
Banned

largely*
Old 09-28-2023, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yep, I still enjoy it for what it is. Glad you are optimistic about the devs, that makes one of us. I'm starting to have my doubts.
Ya I think I'm old enough to take the long view. I could place myself in the devs shoes and see myself not wanting to have much to do with EQ for a while. In particular if life is going great in ways that EQ seems like its now in the rear view mirror and RL life is awesome in ways where it seems like there is no need for Everquest. I've been there.

..... But then, some reason happens to login. You read that one story about that tough quest you once did. The itch to relive Norrath starts to come back eventually. It always does.

Whether it's one month, one year or who knows when. It's hard to say. Other than it will happen eventually.

EQ is something devs here are passionate about or they aren't and if they aren't then they should look within and pass the baton / do what TAKP devs did and open source the code.

I think they are just taking a much needed sabbatical.