Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default P99 Servers not showing up on Server List

Good evening all -

Returning to the game after a pretty long hiatus - finally got the install working but P99 isn't showing up on the server list. I checked both Legends Servers and the Standard Servers lists and none of blue, green, or red are show up at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-16-2023, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

What's in your eqhost.txt?

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

-Mcoy
Old 12-31-2023, 10:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I had this problem on a hotel wifi-- so network related.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2024, 10:47 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilarn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this problem on a hotel wifi-- so network related.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So is there a way to get around this?
Old 01-22-2024, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

You can try and see if the middlemand login helper can make it work. It filters the server list so it only focuses on the Project 1999 servers and ignores everything else

You do have to edit your eqhosts.txt file to enable it, instructions/download on the github:

https://github.com/rm-you/p99-login-middlemand/releases
Old 03-12-2024, 03:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibe Fromen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good evening all -

Returning to the game after a pretty long hiatus - finally got the install working but P99 isn't showing up on the server list. I checked both Legends Servers and the Standard Servers lists and none of blue, green, or red are show up at all. contexto

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
In my opinion, this issue happened due to firewall issues, outdated launchers, server maintenance, or unstable internet connection. I suggest disabling firewalls, and verifying game files.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Skeleton

It is p1999 firewall problem, it mostly happens around 9am to 12pm EST. Maybe someone was doing server attack that triggers alarm to block certain section of IP. You can search p1999 wiki, i remembered they talk about it somewhere.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguep1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is p1999 firewall problem, it mostly happens around 9am to 12pm EST. Maybe someone was doing server attack that triggers alarm to block certain section of IP. You can search p1999 wiki, i remembered they talk about it somewhere.
[SIZE="1"]

Make sure you haven't accidentally filtered out P99 servers in your game settings and double-check your internet connection for any glitches. If problems continue, it might be helpful to contact P99 support for assistance.
Last edited by Ambrogio; 03-16-2024 at 07:53 AM..