Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Default 11/04 - The Iron Gnome Tournament

Do you dare try your mettle and prove to yourself and to Norrath that you have what it takes to be called an Iron Gnome? The opportunity is at hand, and all you must do is take it! For glory, for valor, for fame!

All level one Gnomes are welcome to attend. Your first goal is simple enough. You must make it to Unrest alive.

You will begin before the gates of Ak'anon, naked and buffless as the day Saint Aradune created you. You will make teams of six and register with the event handlers. Wise gnomes will strategize on how to keep each other alive.

Upon the big bang, you will begin your foot race for Dagnor's Cauldron and down the canyon to the lake across which you must swim. Only the bravest and wisest will survive.

The spirits that guard Unrest will kick you back to the head of the canyon, where upon appearing your team, or those brave souls that have survived, will be allowed to choose a single weapon among them.

At which point the event handlers will call for a melee to ensue.

Date: 11/04 - Pre-event begins at 6pm EST, Race begins at 7pm EST.

Pre-Event (6-6:45 PM): The pre-event will consist of a Reverse Raffle and /randoming of some prizes. The Reverse Raffle tickets will sell for 200 platinum and all proceeds will go into the overall prize pool for the event. This prize pool will consist of ticket sales + guild donations. The winner of the Reverse Raffle will win 25% of the total prize pool. Starting at 6:15, names will be drawn one at a time from those who purchased tickets. The winner will be the last name remaining in the pool. You do NOT have to purchase a ticket in the raffle to participate in the Iron Gnome Tournament.

The Main Event (7:00-7:45 PM):

Race Rules: This is a 6 man team event, you can either sign up as a team or as an individual and be assigned a random team. The race will begin in Steamfont at the entrance to Ak'anon. All gnomes must be a level 1 warrior, naked, pvp flagged, unbuffed and with the default spawn point. When the race begins everyone will stand still, and a high level character will cast an AOE nuke which will hit 25 gnomes and kill them. Those gnomes can then begin running from their spawn point. The path for the race is through Lesser Faydark, Greater Faydark, Butcherblock, Dagnor's Cauldron (you MUST enter in the south side of the water and leave on the north side, any violaters will be disqualified). There will be a 30 minute time limit on the race.
The end of the race line is the zone into Unrest. A level 1 will not be able to enter the zone and will be kicked back to Dagnor's Cauldron, where they must then turn and zone into Butcherblock to end their race. When you get to Butcherblock, stand with your surviving teammates. Starting with the first place team, each team will receive one weapon to be used as they wish. The weapons will be handed out from best to worst, so make sure to finish quickly to receive a better weapon.
Once the time limit has elapsed, the race portion of the event will end and the fight will begin. The brawl will take place in Butcherblock just outside the entrance of Dagnor's. You are only allowed to use hand to hand combat, the exception being the gnome on your team who wields one of the prized weapons received from the race. The winner will be the last team with gnomes remaining and will split the remaining prize pool raised from the Pre-Event.

If you would like to sign up for either the raffle or the Iron Gnome Tournament, please contact Truz on discord (zags#2735), or look for me in game (Truz, Zurtalpus, Tinkered), or in the forums. If you have a full team of 6 you want to sign up, perfect. If you are an individual who would like to join us, also perfect. I'll put together individuals into teams of 6 to make sure everyone has some gnomes to run with. I will be collecting raffle ticket platinum up until 6:15 the night of the event. All signups and ticket purchases can be tracked at the below link. The total prize pool will be updated there as we get donations.

If you are interested in streaming the event, please let me know and I can get you added to this post. If you have any questions or concerns about the rules, please post them here and I'll do my best to address them.

https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplarry/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Last edited by galach; 10-23-2020 at 03:54 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 05:41 PM
Banned

Then theres me with no friends
But cool event!
Old 10-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Aviak

This isn't an event that requires a ton of coordination like the 3v3 tournament. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. I'll try and get individual sign-ups preassigned into groups, and worst case scenario all the individual runners can turn on lfg and form up groups at the time of the race.

Please feel more then welcome to come regardless if you have a team or not.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Hello is there an entry fee for the main event i have no coin, i dont wish to participate in the pre event raffle but i have a SSD And my gnomes are quick !
Old 10-19-2020, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Absolutely no entry fee for the main event. Anyone and everyone is welcome. If you come solo we will make sure you have a group.

The event is also getting moved to Friday the 30th. Due to the Sunday quake most of the raid targets will be in window during this event and we want everyone in a raiding guild to feel comfortable coming.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quakes are so not classic
Old 10-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Server GM

event moved to 10/30 per OP. Changed title & edited first post.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:00 PM
Aviak

Thanks Galach!
Old 10-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Orc

This will be a blast! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Aviak

I hate to do it guys - but we are having to push this out again. I'm moving it to Wednesday the 4th. This should give people enough time to plan around the new date.

I'll also be contributing 5k to the prize pool as an apology for the hassle of rescheduling. Hopefully we have lots of folks come out for a chance to win it!
Closed Thread