Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nah, the normies out there eat this pile of shit in spoon fulls with glee. I should know, I know plenty of friends and cousins who are just claiming how awesome these past few episodes have been and I'm just stunned since they have been hilariously bad.
Yeah my sample pool is relatively small. Guess I'm out of touch.

I know a guy who quit over the way Ser Loras was portrayed. He lasted a few seasons and when the gay stuff got heavier (The episode where they cut away from an action scene immediately to a frame of Loras naked in bed with his lover) he thumped the books and said the show had sold out to the gay agenda.

I was inclined to agree, on the basis that if being gay was allowed in Martin's world he would have outed him in the books instead of stopping short of anything but a "hint" (very liberal use of the word hint here, I can't recall anything except that Loras was feminine for a knight). Loras on the show is shown only being persecuted by the church. Yet another one of D&D's liberties.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-21-2016, 04:36 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who knows what the Mad King would have done? But, Lyanna would have made a sweet war hostage if Aerys could have found her and pried her out of that tower.
well, its also possible that the mad king thought Rhaegar was conspiring against him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's what the King's Guard was there for. Once she gave birth, it was their job to use wilfire to burn the tower down with her inside it, Nissa Nissa style. Ned found her in a bed of blood so he got there just in time to prevent it. He probably found the tower already set up for burning when he arrived. They were just waiting for the baby to be born.
those 3 Kings Guard where there at the request of Rhaegar to protect that baby from Robert (because Robert would have had it killed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is bombed. 4 episodes in barely any theorycraft. We're officially beyond the pale.
D&D have successfully bus shocked the nerd community.
The problem is that the characters are no longer acting the way they should or saying the things they should. what is there to theory about? Euron will win the kingsmoot, Yara will get the Victarion story and go to Slavers Bay. Ramsay is getting ready to die, possibly in Bastard Bowl. just like every battle on the show, one side will be outnumbered and someone will swoop in to change the outcome (ramsay, jon, baelish). Jaime will lift the siege at Riverrun and will see Brienne (if Sansa is given the LSH story, then Brienne will lure Jaime off to be judge by Sansa), but only after a visit to the quiet isle. Part of the reason i love this show is because i get to see this amazing story on screen, and i no longer feel like its the same amazing story im watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone care to speculate on this? Are we to believe Walder Frey is supposedly so easily butthurt that he had Robb, Katlin, and their entire wedding party murdered for the offense of Robb marrying another. Yet he is just chill with Ramsay killing Lord Bolton, Walda, and their baby?
i wouldnt count Walder out yet. we saw trailors with him hosting Lannister soldiers in the same hall as the red wedding. Since the Lannisters are pissy with the Boltons over the whole Sansa thing (remember, The Crown still wants her for "her part" in Joffrey's murder), he could be teaming up with the Lannisters, which would makes things easier still for Sansa to fulfill the LSH role by going after Freys and Lannisters. what will be interesting will be what Brienne decides to do when forced to pick between Jaime and Sansa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
D&D were probably promised winds of winter by now when they signed up for this. They didn't take the gig thinking they'd have to pull seasons 6-8 out of their ass.
maybe they shouldnt have essentially skipped book 4 (aside from the KL stuffs)

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-21-2016, 06:21 AM
VIP / Contributor

if Tommen dies, who becomes the rightful heir by law?

and lets assume that Dany is out for being a female, and Jon is out for being a bastard, and that Aegon is a fake (if its too hard to assume these things, just pretend they are dead).

who would be king by law, in that situation?

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 05-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Bran! King o duh northuh!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:58 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bran! King o duh northuh!
i still have trouble accepting Bran will leave the cave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Wouldn't the crown go to the closest kin of the Baratheon ruling line?

Some cousin or something.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those 3 Kings Guard where there at the request of Rhaegar to protect that baby from Robert (because Robert would have had it killed).
Well yeah. I think they had a wet nurse there because Lyanna wasn't supposed to live long enough to nurse the baby herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe they shouldnt have essentially skipped book 4 (aside from the KL stuffs)
QFT.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:09 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't the crown go to the closest kin of the Baratheon ruling line?
Some cousin or something.
i can see why you'd say that. but then i'd ask you to look at the family tree and show me which cousin?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Robert's father (Steffon) had no brothers, Renly had no sons, Stannis had no sons, Robert had no legitimate sons.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-22-2016, 11:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Well yeah. I think they had a wet nurse there because Lyanna wasn't supposed to live long enough to nurse the baby herself.
(maybe enter Wylla from stage left?)

we know that Lyanna wasnt alone in that tower from:
Quote:
"They had found him (Ned) still holding her (Lyanna's) body, silent with grief." — pg. 44

the story we get tells us that the only 3 people still alive were Lyanna, Ned, and Howland. if "they" had found Ned holding Lyanna after she passed, then there's a missing person as "they" implies plural and Howland (based on the info we have) would have been by himself.

the wet nurse theory fits simply because with Lyanna that close to having a baby (Rhaegar's baby no less), you would make sure the wet nurse was in place before Rhaegar rode off to the Trident.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Sirken; 05-22-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 05-22-2016, 12:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

and side note - did anyone catch the three little words that Baelish said to Robyn Arryn when calling him over to see the falcon? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread